Hello, students, and welcome to the Arcanum. We arcanists are generous, and by joining you will receive a gram that protects you not only from sympathy but also any hemalurgic reactions you might have.

We here at the Arcanum have many services to offer from alchemy to, if you need it, malfeasance. Titles of E'lir, Re'lar and El'the will be given determined upon your contributions to the Arcanum. We are always in need of new students in all areas. At the Arcanum we also pride ourselves on the number of spikes we have, as they cannot hurt us. We are looking to install a root beer bar as well, so no complaints.

Caution: Hoid lives behind the Doors of Stone, and he's sleeping. Don't wake him up.

Member List

Master_Elodin: Arcanum Founder and Closer of the Doors of Stone.

ChickenPlague: First Arcanum member, allergic to grams

Edited by Master_Elodin

Well.. I'd like to join, but keep that gram away from me. I'm pretty sure half of these spikes are there to keep me alive.

Anyway what's my fee? Am I gonna need to sell some gold wire?

You, my friend, get in free, as you are our first student. Don't worry, the gram only prevents "adverse effects", but if you must, we will not give one to you.

is this "Ars Arcanum"? :P

No. It's a reference to a book called the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. You should read it and then join for protection from spikes! Edited by Master_Elodin

• 3 weeks later...

Star Thief came bouncing down the dirt road that led to the front entrance of the Arcanum, happily whistling a nameless tune. She steeped up to the front door and banged the metal knocker as hard as she could down onto the wooden doors.

"Hello, is this where the magic is?" 

Well now you're dead. *hears eldritch wind* *sees eldritch monster* *screams eldritch scream*

Ok, Auri/Star Thief. I need you to imagine a rosebud. There is a light, pulsing in the edge of the rosebud. You are the rosebud. Open yourself to the light. Open yourself to saidar. Now kill the monster, without any spoilers for the scenes beyond page 232 of the 4th book.

Edited by Master Elodin

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...