Parallel David (Calamity Spoilers)

Fallen Rope

Why did parallel Steelheart kill David.

Blain definitely killed David, it wasn't just him failing to save him, because Firefight wouldn't of said the Steelheart killed him if that was the case.
So how could Blain of accidentally killed David.

Edited by Fallen Rope

Why did parallel Steelheart kill David.

Blain definitely killed David, it wasn't just him failing to save him, because Firefight wouldn't of said the Steelheart killed him if that was the case.

So how could Blain of accidentally killed David.

Blain got his powers when Invocation was still there, so I assumed that he killed David as part of his Rending.

Blain got his powers when Invocation was still there, so I assumed that he killed David as part of his Rending.

The Rending happens as a result of being initially consumed by Calamity's darkness.

Invocation, the Celestial Epic of Firefight's dimension, did not produce said darkness, so rending, in my opinion, is not possible.

The Rending happens as a result of being initially consumed by Calamity's darkness.

Invocation, the Celestial Epic of Firefight's dimension, did not produce said darkness, so rending, in my opinion, is not possible.

I think that Invocation still hated people, he just left when he was supposed to. So during that year-or-so, Epics were evil, until Invocation left, when they reverted back to normal.

• 1 month later...

At first I thought it was because parallel David had the same powers, so Blain felt pain every time David used them. Now I think it was probably just an accident with new powers.

As for whether there was a Rending or not... I'd say that depends on whether Invocation is a parallel Calamity or just another of the same species. Parallel Calamity seems more reasonable, IMO, so I think there probably was a Rending that has been written in history as just a reaction to gaining powers (ironically what Calamity believed it to be) rather than the influence of Invocation.

I always imagined that Blain and David went to the bank that day and Deathpoint showed up.   Blain hadnt told anyone about his powers yet and wasnt in complete control of them.  Blain went to stop him, and David along with a bunch of other people were killed.  

• Chaos locked this topic