Graphic Audio Adaptations Master Thread

Argent

Well I got the Sanderson Humble Bundle and was listening to Elantris as I had not read it yet. The excerpt/commercial of the R.A. Salvatore book at the beginning (which is like 7 minutes long) confused me until I listened through it as it jumped right into it and explained what it was at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Elantris and Warbreaker Graphic Audio as part of the Humble Bundle. Finished Elantris in 3 or 4 days and Merciful Domi was it good! I must admit that Elantris is my second favorite Sanderson book and I'm rather partial to audiobooks. The medium lends itself incredibly well to Sanderson's books, the voice acting was really on point (especially Dilaf and Galladon) in my opinion, and the music was wonderful and fitting. Definite thumbs up from me, and I'm excited to listen to Warbreaker!

• 10 months later...

I used Graphic Audio to get my husband to "read" Mistborn - we went through Final Empire while on vacation last year, and the first 2/3 of Well of Ascension this year's vacation. We still need to get through that last third this summer...

But trying this out also solved my long-distance driving sleepies. I don't get drowsy on audiobooks! It's amazing! And I deeply prefer the full voice cast; it makes things easier to follow even if some of the voice acting isn't perfect.

So my girlfriend is interested in the books however is just too darn stubborn to take the time to read the books. I've started putting the GraphicAudio versions of the books on at night, she has trouble sleeping and needs noise to do it, and she's loving them so far! It's just taking a lot longer than normal but it's a start :lol:

• Chaos locked this topic