Graphic Audio Adaptations Master Thread

Argent

I've been posting threads about new Graphic Audio adaptations for Brandon's books for some time now, and I've realized that they are not very good discussion threads in part because not many people listed to the GA audiobooks, in part because there isn't much to discuss. Regardless of whether we (dis)like the Graphic Audio approach to audiobooks, and regardless of whether we can afford them or not, I think we can all agree that pretty Cosmere art is always a good thing, and fortunately the artists GA works with are on point there.

So, if for no other reason but to put together a list of snazzy art, I am going to use this thread to aggregate all of Brandon's Graphic Audio audiobooks, with links to higher resolution versions of the covers when possible. I'll have to get to the covers later though, a bit busy now =\

Elantris

Warbreaker

Mistborn

The Stormlight Archive

Alcatraz

Other

I love the Graphic Audio editions. Have all of Brandons. Agree not cheap but do have great covers. Going to start Shadows Beneath tomorrow after I finish the last disk of Bands of Mourning. Lots of Brandon's work coming!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Shadows Beneath GA and I know this is probably heresy but I like Mary's story best. I like all the stories but hers I like best. No torches and pitchforks please, it would be hard to get the burning smell out

It's a really good story.

Also, the snazzy Shardbearer is Dalinar according to the artist.

I have the Shadows Beneath GA and I know this is probably heresy but I like Mary's story best. I like all the stories but hers I like best. No torches and pitchforks please, it would be hard to get the burning smell out

Eh I think her story is the best in that anthology as well, so don't worry too much about persecution.

All of The Way of Kings parts now have release dates, and we have nice pictures of both Shallan (part 3) and Szeth (part 4). No high resolution art that I've been able to find. I do like Szeth in particular, I think the artist (Alex Allen) has done a good job at giving him child-like features.

Storms @Argent, I knew about GA but that cover art! Wow! I love it! It really captures the essence of the books. Time to start saving my spheres so I can start supporting this wonderful company. Anyone seen a chasmfiend around lately? I could really use a gemheart right about now...

On 6/17/2016 at 10:07 AM, Argent said:

All of The Way of Kings parts now have release dates, and we have nice pictures of both Shallan (part 3) and Szeth (part 4). No high resolution art that I've been able to find. I do like Szeth in particular, I think the artist (Alex Allen) has done a good job at giving him child-like features.

No Shallan yet, but here is Szeth, from the artist's DeviantArt page. Love all of these.

• 1 month later...

Caught up on updating this thing. Both There are release dates for both The Bands of Mourning (part 1/2) and Words of Radiance (part 1/5). Added links where appropriate (and fixed the Warbreaker ones, which were all pointing to the cover pages, not the GA ones). Also changed the format a little bit - still not happy with it though.

I really wish we had more covers, they are really pretty.

• 4 weeks later...

I've listened to their versions of Elantris, Warbreaker, the Wax & Wayne books, and what they've got of Stormlight so far.  I really enjoyed most of it, but not Elantris.  The voice actresses they got for it, particularly Sarene and the one bratty cousin whose name I don't recall at the moment, both had really harsh and strident voices that made it difficult to listen to.  But aside from Elantris I've really enjoyed their work on the Cosmere books.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, CaptainRyan said:

@Argent I thought I should tell you that it seems a lot of the cover links in the OP seem to be broken (specifically WoK 3 and 4). :( 

I see. I'll recheck the artist's website, maybe he moved things around. 

On 3/24/2017 at 4:43 PM, maxal said:

I have just checked the art over each part and I have to say, for once, they didn't do a bad job with Adolin. I was pleasantly surprised. Is it worth listening?

Each book has an audio sample - give those a listen. I find them enjoyable, but not good enough to replace the book. They are really nice for a "reread" though. The sound effects can, at times, be a little excessive, and the voice acting can sound forced sometimes, but I tend to like them.