Apocalypse Guard: New Series in the Reckoners Multiverse

Argent

Based on the pitch that Brandon posted, I can almost imagine a Rick Riordan-ish style of writing and humour. But that's just me. I'd be interested to see where Brandon takes it.

I'm sure all of you picking up this book now expect something awesome to happen.

I get sucked into an alternate dimension? Awesome!

There are no less than 17 attempts to murder me in a variety of ways? Why on earth couldn't that happen to me!

But, trust me. I'm the coffee lady. And, fun as it might sound, there weren't any clauses about getting shot at, beaten up, or being abandoned on a doomed planet when I signed up for this.

Long story short: Don't become a coffee lady to a dimensional shifting organization. If ever you see an ad for it in the paper, flick over and look at that ad next to it about being an accountant. Trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

But, you're not going to believe me. This is just a piece of fiction to you. You'll read it, and at the end, you'll speak to all your friends about how fun it was to read about everything I went through, and then completely forget about it.

You know what? Fine. See if I care. Go ahead: Read the story of how I became the first dimensional shifting coffee lady.

• 1 year later...

OK, so as of today, AG first draft is on full 9% (again proving that Sanderson is very fast). I had not checked in the last days, but it seems Brandon started less than a week ago. Judging by that I expect books about the length the Reckoners or slightly shorter.

9 hours ago, Alfa said:

OK, so as of today, AG first draft is on full 9% (again proving that Sanderson is very fast). I had not checked in the last days, but it seems Brandon started less than a week ago. Judging by that I expect books about the length the Reckoners or slightly shorter.

Brandon finished his drafting on Oathbringer 3 weeks ago. i reckon that probably means he started on TAG around 3 weeks ago. unless he took a break or something. 

He probably didn't take a very long one (he's mentioned a lot how he doesn't crank out huge volumes of text per day but he's able to maintain the pace he does because he's very consistent) but I have to imagine he at least gave himself a day off to catch his breath before diving into his next project.

Anyhow, I also expect Apocalypse Guard's entries will be on the shorter side a la Reckoners. The next pressing question: What will Brandon get to next: The Aztlanian or The Lost Metal? I'm good either way...

On 7/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, Ammanas said:

The Reckoner universe is fun, but I'VE GOT A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE COSMERE!

Shhh, it's okay. Breathe into a paper bag and think about Oathvember. xD

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2016 at 1:35 PM, imriel452 said:

Maybe we could get a Reckoners-Apocalypse Guard - Rithmatist Crossover for truly epic Earth-based Cosmerity, which should become a word now!

That would be cool. Throw in Alcatraz and we have an Earth multiverse. There could be other crossovers if he makes other Earth or nearby planet books.

• 5 months later...