Apocalypse Guard: New Series in the Reckoners Multiverse

Argent

!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL !!!

Brandon has been dropping hints about another series set in the Reckoners universe - multiverse, as it is - and now we have the official announcement: here it is!

For convenience:

The Apocalypse Guard series is set in a world parallel to that of the Reckoners, and an organization of superpowered individuals is at its center. Their collective objective is to save doomed planets, until the day something goes horribly wrong and it is up to one young member of the guard to fix things before time runs out for her and the planet she calls home.

Publication of the first book in the series is planned for spring 2018.
Edited by Argent

Ok so I've never played Halo but I've watched enough Red vs Blue to realise that with the output level that Brandon has managed to reach in the last few months he is clearly starting to enter the Rampancy stage. His output level will continue to grow increasingly haywire in size and imagination at a faster and faster rate until he self destructs, long before actually completing the Stormlight Archive. We can only hope that he somehow manages to break through into the theoretical, stable 'Meta' stage. Our (slim) hopes are with you Brandon.

Edited by ChocolateRob

If it comes to it, I call rights on Apocalypse Guard RP.

Doesn't work that way. Whichever one TwiLyghtSansSparkles starts with a picture of a costumed pug is the one that'll catch on. :P

I'm excited for this! I wonder whether the superpowered beings in Apocalypse Guard are in anyway related to Epics, possibly with their own version of Calamity.

Doesn't work that way. Whichever one TwiLyghtSansSparkles starts with a picture of a costumed pug is the one that'll catch on. :P

I'm excited for this! I wonder whether the superpowered beings in Apocalypse Guard are in anyway related to Epics, possibly with their own version of Calamity.

Just a joke. I can't beat those pugs.

I'll have to spend a lot of time searching for pug pictures that live up to the name "Apocalypse Guard." :ph34r: Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

That would make

Tavi?

the main character perhaps, since it mentions that it is a she. 

"So... is no one curious about that time I showed up with all those bruises and cuts out of the blue? When I got pulled into an alternate universe and got beaten up by my dad's evil doppelganger?

"...no? Okay. I guess we'll just forget about the whole thing, then."

"So... is no one curious about that time I showed up with all those bruises and cuts out of the blue? When I got pulled into an alternate universe and got beaten up by my dad's evil doppelganger?

"...no? Okay. I guess we'll just forget about the whole thing, then."

I get the feeling that in the Reckoner Multiverse, people do pay attention to that kind of thing, but at a certain point, it's almost normal.  Oh, a super-villain sucked you into a different universe again?  Good thing you thwarted him so quickly!  We almost missed getting to the Anderson's on time.  Oh, and don't forget to bring the amulet of ultimate power to Freidhelm tonight; he's worried that the league of evil gentlemen are going to try something.

Does anybody else think this topic belongs in the Calamity Spoiler Board?

Not that I'm not also super excited about this. I'm just thinking of everyone who hasn't finished Firefight and doesn't know the full extent of Megan's powers.

Edited by Sunbird

Not that I'm not also super excited about this. I'm just thinking of everyone who hasn't finished Firefight and doesn't know the full extent of Megan's powers.

General forum policy is to allow spoilers in the general topic after 6 months I believe, I'd recommend that the Firefight subforum be merged in here now but it's probably easier to wait til Calamity spoilers are done and then just merge all three.

Well, technically my thread is fine, it's all the people who are posting Calamity spoilers that are not :P I am just announcing the announcement :)