[Calamity Spoilers] Calamity's Consequences

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Well, on most forums, swearing is generally allowed... I'll stop. And with the abbreviations (a lot of people use mobiles.)

It's fine. This is kind of a weird community, since it's small enough that we can all sort of know each other and most of us come from friendly-ish backgrounds. It usually takes a few weeks for people to get acclimatized to the unspoken rules of the Shard, even if they're pretty active throughout that period. For example, we don't really downvote around here. The stigma attached to downvotes is a sort of casual "I don't like that" or "that's sort of stupid" in most of the larger communities, but here it's considered extremely rude. The only posts I've seen on 17S that have actually been downvoted into oblivion are ones where the poster was insulting another user or trolling.

And yeah, we spell things right around here. It's not that we're snobbish about it or anything, but it just looks very out of place when someone uses "texting" grammar instead of "e-mail" grammar. It's like an itch that we all sort of want to fix, but don't want to bring up because we're afraid it's rude. :) Case in point: Weirdpersonx's "-thx bai". The urge to "correct" him whenever I see that signature is... intense.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent been in this thread for a while but:

Well, Bloody Mary could pretty easily flip out in the inevitable case that Nighthound dies. The mourning would explain the Sorrow part and the Night's in remembrance of Nighthound. Certainly messy but yikes could she start up a genocide in Oregon.

This terrifies me.

edit: didnt the reckoners kill nights sorrow?

Edited by WarriorMark16

I havent been in this thread for a while but:

This terrifies me.

edit: didnt the reckoners kill nights sorrow?

Did you also reach the part of her using Nighthound's corpse to build Epic controling motivators? :ph34r:

No, as of Calamity Conflux describes her as "still ruling supreme."

Did you also reach the part of her using Nighthound's corpse to build Epic controling motivators? :ph34r:

No, as of Calamity Conflux describes her as "still ruling supreme."

somebody hold me...

nope, ah... nevermind. I am a manly man and do not need to be held. ahem.

Well... if we ever get to that part where she goes nuts  coocoo for cocoa puffs, I would like to see a battle between her "conscripts" and the forces of stormeggedon (if I dont kill her off first because im like that :ph34r:).

• 4 weeks later...

So random thought I just had and am not sure if it's going anywhere: If the whole deal between motivators is that the powers can't tell appart the actual Epic from a cell colony with the same DNA, then why do Epic powers go haywire upon death? I mean granted, the reason why they go haywire, is most likely exactly to destroy material that could be used for motivators but it still implies some form of awareness of the actual Epic.

So random thought I just had and am not sure if it's going anywhere: If the whole deal between motivators is that the powers can't tell appart the actual Epic from a cell colony with the same DNA, then why do Epic powers go haywire upon death? I mean granted, the reason why they go haywire, is most likely exactly to destroy material that could be used for motivators but it still implies some form of awareness of the actual Epic.

Random nerve misfires?