I have superpowers

Stormgate

I seem to have the uncanny ability to forget really important tasks until right before the talks is supposed to be completed or after it was supposed to be completed. But, I also have the strange ability to remember really unimportant things, such as the names of every Skylanders from any of the games, or to remember exactly what someone said, though that one is a bit harder. Also, I have photographic memory (kind of) when it comes to sheet music. Last summer, when we got our music for our marching show, it took me an hour to memorize the first page of our opener (like the first movement of our show). I can imagine the music in my head still. And the music from the year before. 

I also have the ability to be completely ignored, even when I keep trying to talk, a group won't even notice me. This also works in reverse, as that a person or group may try to get my attention, but they can't. I can't activate this by will, it just happens most of the time, however there are obvious times when it takes no effort for me to be noticed or notice people. 

I have the strange ability to be able to completely tune out conversations and hear words that might apply to me or appeal to me, and somehow recall everything that they were talking about. In reverse, I can also focus on something and listen to a conversation at the same time, without even meaning too. I'm really not trying to eavesdrop, it just happens. 

I can tell when people are walking near me or towards me. My brother tries to sneak up on me all the time, but I always manage to catch him. This seems to apply to everyone's except my mom, who can always sneak up on me, no matter what. Which is surprising, because when she gets mad she gets REALLY loud.

• 2 weeks later...

My superpowers are:

The ability to have near-perfect empathy,

Instantly create and simulate the personality of fictional characters inside my head at will,

The ability to have conversations with people who aren't me inside my head(not living people, but the fictional ones previously mentioned),

The amazing ability to not be in a mental hospital for the afore-mentioned conversations,

and finally:

the ability to make leaps in judgment that normal human beings would never, ordinarily, make until they were much, much older.

(Example, if desired. Emojis represent the emotions felt at the time. This is a real example; this actually happened.)

Spoiler

5 year old me: "Mommy? Why are girls different from boys?":huh:

Mom:"Well, honey, our bodies are just built a little differently than yours, that's all.":)

me: "Oh! So that's where babies come from?":D

mom: "..." :wacko:.)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

• 4 weeks later...

My superpowers are:

The ability to have the best solutions the day after a emergency.

The ability to make the best argument when the discussion is over.

And of course my best superpower, the ablility to be in the wrong place in he wrong moment.

I also can repel other people, I call it anti-charisma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 2:23 AM, kaellok said:

I can break anything...in ways that said thing has never been broken before.  Everything from computers and printers to doors and tanks, radios and mailboxes and more.  

Are you Alcatraz?

On 6/27/2016 at 6:28 PM, Radiant of Crystallia said:

My Smedry talent is that I'm oblivious. Of course, I'm not much like a Smedry, I don't get nearly as much action as them. My dad says I got shot once, but I didn't notice. Kylie told me her talent is that she never picks clothes that match. She's always wearing horrible things like bulletproof vests. Once she wore a snorkel, and sure it was nice when she was pushed out of a plane into the ocean, but still! Then there's the time she wore a gas mask... I shudder just thinking of it. It looked horrible with her sweater.

Okay, both of those were fake. But I do have some powers in real life. Whoever I root for on Super Smash Bros. wins. I did it some two hundred times in a row once. I always win at cards, even when I'm trying desperately to lose. I know there were some other things, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Are you Mat?

(from WoT)

Anyway, I have several superpowers I will probably never need to use. I can:

Escape zip-ties, duct tape, and handcuffs, 

Get completely ready for the day in 5-10 minutes (I actually do use this one)

Sneak up on anyone

Blow anything up (including things you shouldn't be able to blow up, such as water)

Survive up to a week in the wilderness

Forget to do basic things such as eat and sleep

I have the superpower of overplanning, especially for dates. Benefits: I never run out of gas, I'm always early or on time, I always have a thorough plan, and a backup, and a backup to the backup. I don't get lost, bored, or surprised, and I always have enough money. Drawbacks: prepping for a date takes up basically my entire afternoon, I spend the date silently cursing myself for forgetting something small that the girl didn't even notice, and people who procrastinate make me very irritated.

I also have the "superpower" of very smooth, feminine hands. Don't ask.

13 hours ago, Elenion said:

I have the superpower of overplanning, especially for dates. Benefits: I never run out of gas, I'm always early or on time, I always have a thorough plan, and a backup, and a backup to the backup. I don't get lost, bored, or surprised, and I always have enough money. Drawbacks: prepping for a date takes up basically my entire afternoon, I spend the date silently cursing myself for forgetting something small that the girl didn't even notice, and people who procrastinate make me very irritated.

I also have the "superpower" of very smooth, feminine hands. Don't ask.

I think we would get along well

17 hours ago, Tristan said:

I have the superpower of making people groan with my horrible sense of humor. (e.g Friend: "How do I look?" Me: "With your eyes.")

I make those kind of jokes too.:P

Also, I have the superpower of overthinking my problems and get worry for things that will never happen, probably.

I have the superpower of seeing and hearing things that other people can't see or hear but my Psychiatrist keeps telling me that it's all in my head. Can you believe the guy? :P

2 hours ago, Zennix said:

I have the superpower of seeing and hearing things that other people can't see or hear but my Psychiatrist keeps telling me that it's all in my head. Can you believe the guy? :P

One night I was up late, all by myself, and I legitly started hearing music that wasn't there. Like, it sounded completely realistic. I was wandering around the house after midnight looking for whomever had forgotten to turn their 80s Pandora station off. Never found it. Turns out, hearing things like that is a trick of the mind commonly associated with some types of anxiety disorder. And anxiety disorders tend to run in the family. Hmmm...

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

One night I was up late, all by myself, and I legitly started hearing music that wasn't there. Like, it sounded complet. ely realistic. I was wandering around the house after midnight looking for whomever had forgotten to turn their 80s Pandora station off. Never found it. Turns out, hearing things like that is a trick of the mind commonly associated with some types of anxiety disorder. And anxiety disorders tend to run in the family. Hmmm...

I don't think anxiety disorders have anything to do with me seeing Aons on my wall or hearing the Game of Thrones theme song when no one else can. 

The whole "hearing music when there is none" thing reminds me of a game I used to play with myself in bed when I was bored. I would lay still and force my mind to believe that I was hearing music. Sometimes, I could actually hear faint music for a moment.

Now that I think about it years later it's a little creepy...

• 1 month later...

I used to occasionally get prophetic dreams, but now I seem to get them every single or every second night, and a few days/weeks later, they seem to come true. My 'powers' have greatly increased in the last month with the addition of visions while I am conscious that gives clues what is happening soon and if it will be unexpected or expected.

For example, when I was sick, I got a random vision of a hospital. Two hours later I was in an ambulance with suspected appendicitis (And with different symptoms)

I also can seem to detect whether the answer to a question is yes, no or unclear. 

It's pretty cool to have this and I'm happy to answer some questions if you have any :D 

• Chaos locked this topic