Brandon Sanderson Q/A on Goodreads

masaru

I received this email from Goodreads:

We have the amazing opportunity to ask Brandon Sanderson, author of The Final Empire, about the latest book in his Reckoners series, Calamity. Please send us your questions about his new book, his past work, and anything you are curious about in general! I will choose ten of the most interesting questions for him to answer in the February YA newsletter.

* Why did I get this email? You received this message because you gave 5 stars to a book by Brandon Sanderson. To send us your question, simply reply to this message with your question today.

* Where do I see the interview? Look for the interview in February in the Goodreads Young Adult Newsletter and online:
http://www.goodreads.com/newsletters/ya

* Want to subscribe to the YA newsletter? 
Click here: https://www.goodreads.com/user/edit
Then go to the 'Emails' tab and scroll down to 'Newsletters and Other Mail.' Once you choose the 'Send me the monthly Young Adult newsletter' option, don't forget to save your new settings!

xoxo
Jade Chang
YA Editor

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we'd stop asking authors whom they want to finish their books if they die... I am kind of curious, but it could be an awfully morbid question, a part of Robert Jordan's legacy I am not happy about. And I feel Brandon gets this question more than most others (though I imagine George R. R. Martin is up there on this list too)...

I wish we'd stop asking authors whom they want to finish their books if they die... I am kind of curious, but it could be an awfully morbid question, a part of Robert Jordan's legacy I am not happy about. And I feel Brandon gets this question more than most others (though I imagine George R. R. Martin is up there on this list too)...

If Brandon (or GRRM) were feeling particularly cheeky during an interview, I'd love it if they turned the question around and asked the interviewer, "Well, if you die before this interview is finished, who would you like to finish your article after you're dead?"

Except GRRM wont allow anybody to finish his work if he dies.

I do find the question a little disrespectful though.. :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

If you have the opportunity to ask Brandon questions you don't want to kill the mood...You want to make sure he slips up and gives more info  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Edited by WEZ313