Lounge

king007

I'm intrigued enough to want more!

Thanks, I'll hopefully write more and share it.

Yeah, I rather like the tone of this as an introduction, it does ask questions about the nature of the being we're seeing here, the nature of his power and influence, which seems wide-ranging. I couldn't read a whole story in this tone though, it's very grand and portentous, rather melodramatic. I think that's okay in small quantities, but rather heavy for a whole novel - imho.

Good to see some words from you, King, I hope this comes together for you. There are some nice ideas and phrasing in the language, not too much that I would comment on if I was line editing.

Thanks for your continued support Rob; I sincerely appreciate it. Was that a proper use of the semi-colon? :P

I can see the point you're making. It would be tiring to the reader to go through all this ambiguous wording page after page. I'm planning to write this for just the first scene. I feel like it kinda establishes the personality of the character, as if he was a deep thinker or a capable person without giving too much information. I don't know if that's how I want to portray my character, I'm just writing this for the sake of putting words out of my chest and feeling good about it. Past the first scene, I don't have any tangible idea. But, I'll just keep writing my mind.

Yeesh, not sure. I don't think the guidance for this thread says anything about such things. As to the guide for the 17th Shard site - I've never seen it. On a personal level, such a post wouldn't bother me, but I'm a minority of one.

I reckon this is why Silk gets paid the big bucks (metaphorically speaking), to make calls on such weighty topics.

It looks like a great project, Eisenheim!

So.  I submitted my story from last week to Metaphorosis on Thursday night--there were of course substantial edits between monday and Thursday, and all y'all's suggestions and edits were hugely helpful.  I heard back this morning--Metaphorosis' response time is one of the things that attracted me to it.  I wasn't in the 2% that is accepted outright, but I was in the 5% that is allowed to submit a rewrite to be reconsidered.  So yay-ish, I guess.  I'm about to post the editor's analysis and my re-write proposal on my thread.  I'll submit the proposal late Monday night--if anyone has one minute to glance at the proposal and see if it agrees with your thoughts on how the story needs to change, I'd be eternally, eternally grateful.

That's great. I must apologise that I didn't get to your submission, but I guess you got plenty of good comments anyway.

I guess my reading the proposal will be largely useless unless I've read the story! I will try to get to it, because I'm really interested to read the comment you got, and understand more about submitting, which I've never done.

It looks like a great project, Eisenheim!

So.  I submitted my story from last week to Metaphorosis on Thursday night--there were of course substantial edits between monday and Thursday, and all y'all's suggestions and edits were hugely helpful.  I heard back this morning--Metaphorosis' response time is one of the things that attracted me to it.  I wasn't in the 2% that is accepted outright, but I was in the 5% that is allowed to submit a rewrite to be reconsidered.  So yay-ish, I guess.  I'm about to post the editor's analysis and my re-write proposal on my thread.  I'll submit the proposal late Monday night--if anyone has one minute to glance at the proposal and see if it agrees with your thoughts on how the story needs to change, I'd be eternally, eternally grateful.

OMG HOORAY! for the R&R!!!

I'll get to it tonight, so hopefully before you resubmit. Did they give you a timeframe to resubmit? Usually you're expected to take several weeks if not several months, and short turn around times can be off-putting. But if they gave you a deadline, that is a whole different can of worms.

Eisenheim and Kaisa

The editor sent some succinct but specific guidelines for the rewrite.  No time limit on the rewrite itself, but i thought i'd reply fairly promptly with an email outlining the directions I'd like to take the revised story.

Robinski

That would be hugely helpful.  There were many, many passages in your last story that i was insanely jealous of.

I'm actually confused by something. In the submission emails, I have three sender names that are similar:

eisenheim ---> Robin Duncan

Robinski ----> Robinski Duncan

kaiza -----> name removed for personal reasons

is this really some huge coincidence where you all have "Robin" and "Duncan" in your names? :lol:

Edited by king007

king007 could you do me a favor and remove my name from your post? I work to keep my IRL name and online presence as separate as possible.

Amusing, nonetheless, about all the name similarities!