Wayne and MeLaan and a Baby?!

jrh1524

. . . spiritual damage can definitely be healed with enough investiture. As surgebinders and shardblades show.

Just can't do it too many times apparently, your sDNA probably starts to get real inaccurate with so many emergency patches shoved into the holes.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2016 at 0:51 AM, hoidhunter said:

Ah the pros and cons of having a sexual relationship witha  creepy corpse eating shape shifter slug...

Well, I'm immortal and can look like any woman you want me to...but we can't have kids...and if you ever make me mad you're going to wake up the morning after sex next to a big fat creepy guy...

Worse, he'll wake up and she'll be disguised as Wax.

^ I was curious so I went and looked it up. Confirmed here for anyone who wants it.

15 hours ago, Agewalker said:

Worse, he'll wake up and she'll be disguised as Wax.

I'm certain that if it doesn't exist already, by the time of Era 3 when we know Scadrial is going to have 'nerd culture' there will be slashfic writers who will have made these two a couple. xD

Lol Wax and Wayne slashfic. Also while I can see a Kandra being able to carry a human baby, actually being able to produce an egg or sperm is a surprise to me, and that WoB does seem to imply it's possible. I wonder if they would have to re-create the DNA of someone they ate or if they would have any effect on it. Could they pass on Allomancy or Feruchemy to their child?

3 hours ago, Gigalemesh said:

Lol Wax and Wayne slashfic. Also while I can see a Kandra being able to carry a human baby, actually being able to produce an egg or sperm is a surprise to me, and that WoB does seem to imply it's possible. I wonder if they would have to re-create the DNA of someone they ate or if they would have any effect on it. Could they pass on Allomancy or Feruchemy to their child?

For Allomancy and Feruchemy I'd say theoretically yes, but the combination with Kandra SDNA would cause some complications. Though, Kandra can use Hemalurgy to get abilities, so maybe it wouldn't be that far fetched.

1 hour ago, kenod said:

For Allomancy and Feruchemy I'd say theoretically yes, but the combination with Kandra SDNA would cause some complications. Though, Kandra can use Hemalurgy to get abilities, so maybe it wouldn't be that far fetched.

Yeah I some weird stuff might be happening with the sDNA. In terms of passing on abilities I was actually thinking of wether they could pass on the abilities of the person they are imitating, even though they don't have access to them. But passing on abilities they are spiked with is a whole other possiblity. I'm sure there is a WoB about passing on abilities granted by hemalurgy but I can't remember what he said about it

Just now, Gigalemesh said:

Yeah I some weird stuff might be happening with the sDNA. In terms of passing on abilities I was actually thinking of wether they could pass on the abilities of the person they are imitating, even though they don't have access to them. But passing on abilities they are spiked with is a whole other possiblity. I'm sure there is a WoB about passing on abilities granted by hemalurgy but I can't remember what he said about it

Oh, I was thinking you meant Wayne's sDNA. I don't think a Kandra can pass on the sDNA of the person they're imitating, only their own.

12 minutes ago, kenod said:

Oh, I was thinking you meant Wayne's sDNA. I don't think a Kandra can pass on the sDNA of the person they're imitating, only their own.

Ah I see, yeah I agree the non-Kandra parent, in this case Wayne, should be able to pass on their abilities. You're probably right about the kandra side, and who knows what a kandra's sDNA would do in a human.

If Kandra can manipulate their bodies on a cellular level, they should be able to manipulate their own dna. So physically, it'd work. They could actually kind of plan what genes to give their kid.

What could go wrong with wonky spiritual dna?

Edited by Krypton Savant

4 hours ago, Krypton Savant said:

If Kandra can manipulate their bodies on a cellular level, they should be able to manipulate their own dna. So physically, it'd work. They could actually kind of plan what genes to give their kid.

What could go wrong with wonky spiritual dna?

First of all, Kandra sDNA is different than human sDNA, given that it's a different species. Also, by default, their sDNA gives a block between their physical body and cognitive self (aka Mistwraiths). The issue is that there is no real telling how much of that will be inherited by their children, meaning that any kids may have some severe mental issues, depending on how the sDNA changes from their spikes impact the end result. Second of all, changes in sDNA can result in changes in the physical body. This means that it's possible that a Kandra's shapeshifting is also encoded in their sDNA, possibly giving you a kid that could be a shapeshifter, but because the sDNA isn't complete, this could cause complications with their shifting, anything from no control, to only limited shifting (just changing appearance, instead of really complex stuff), to a human without shifting capability but a kandra like body (no skeleton).

• Chaos locked this topic