Theoryland Error 403

Alfa

Title says basically all: everytime I try to go on Theoryland I get a message "Error 403: Forbidden". Tried with different browsers, and everything usually used to fix 403-Errors. Nothing worked. Does anybody have the same problem or a possible solution?

It loads for me.  There may be something about your region currently and/or your internet security settings that's messing with your access, though I don't know why.  I get that error sometimes at work for our internal applications, and it's usually due to yet another update to our systems removing my nomerge command hack on Internet Explorer, but that doesn't seem like it'd apply to your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I don't have same the error as Alfa has I add my question here:

I have bought a tablet, and tried to search on theoryland. Without success :(

Neither when I click on a tag in the list nor when I use the search, I get any results. On the contrary I's always get the main page.

I've never had that problem before though using different computers and different browsers.

On the tablet I tried the default browser as well as chrome.

Has anybody an idea?

edit: It's an android tablet which I am not in any way used too yet. :P

Edited by Meg

I seem to recall reading about how difficult Theoryland was to troubleshoot due to it's bespoke programming. Maybe it's just an errant 1 in a million thing? I know just enough about coding and computers to know how little I know, so I wouldn't take a guess from there.

Just to help Rubix work out the source of the issue:

Alfa: Try a different computer, or a different internet connection (though if this is impossible for you, then never mind). If it works, then it's easier to narrow down the source of the issue.

Meg: Do you mind downloading a new browser on your tablet and seeing if that works?

.... just so you all know the 17th Shard staff have no way of fixing or improving the Theoryland site, so Rubix can't do anything.

And yes the tags/search are broken so there's not really much use trying tbh. 

.... just so you all know the 17th Shard staff have no way of fixing or improving the Theoryland site, so Rubix can't do anything.

And yes the tags/search are broken so there's not really much use trying tbh. 

Well Zas has control, doesn't he? That's what I meant to say before.

Also, it seems to be working for me...

Edited by The Young Bard

naw, Zas (and some other people) have editing rights, we don't have access to the code that runs the site. That's basically only Matt Hatch (aka Theoryland/Tamrylin) has access to the code and he doesn't frequent this forum.

@ The Young Bard: I tried another browser, but it doesn't work. Seem to be a problem with mobile devices probably or with Android OS?

@ Joe: I know that there is no access aside from adding interviews. ;)

Either way I'll stick to PC when I need something from Theoryland.

Thank you anyway.

edit ... now all is fully broken. I crashed it all O_o Okay, that looks better than with break-tags and an img-tag for a smilie. 

Edited by Meg

• 4 months later...
On ‎06‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 6:55 PM, Alfa said:

Title says basically all: everytime I try to go on Theoryland I get a message "Error 403: Forbidden". Tried with different browsers, and everything usually used to fix 403-Errors. Nothing worked. Does anybody have the same problem or a possible solution?

@Alfa: has your problem ever been solved? Because I have it now... tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox. Don't have experience with 'usual fixes' to 403 errors, but would appreciate help!

2 hours ago, Erklitt said:

@Alfa: has your problem ever been solved? Because I have it now... tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox. Don't have experience with 'usual fixes' to 403 errors, but would appreciate help!

Unluckily it's still unsolved. Could be a problem with access from germany or something.

Edited by Alfa

2 minutes ago, Alfa said:

Unluckily it's still unsolved. Could be a problem with access from germany or something.

I don't think the problem is access from Germany. I've actually read several threads from theoryland, only not from my own computer. Next time I get access to that other computer, I'll try contacting the admins there. Maybe they have an idea. (I've googled error 403 in the meantime and the 'usual fixes' haven't brought up anything, so I'm not sure what differences I could be searching for on that machine.)

If I find out anything, I'll let you know! 

11 minutes ago, Erklitt said:

I don't think the problem is access from Germany. I've actually read several threads from theoryland, only not from my own computer. Next time I get access to that other computer, I'll try contacting the admins there. Maybe they have an idea. (I've googled error 403 in the meantime and the 'usual fixes' haven't brought up anything, so I'm not sure what differences I could be searching for on that machine.)

If I find out anything, I'll let you know! 

Same for me. It worked for some months and then stopped without any known reason. The "usual fixes" also didn't work.

• 1 year later...