Hogwart Houses Cosmere

Echo

SO I don't know if this has been done yet, but me and my cousin were arguing about Hogwart houses (don't ask) and somehow we got into sorting different cosmere characters into Hogwart houses.

A few of my opinions, feel free to disagree:

WOK Characters:

Kaladin: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff (on account of his loyalty and his hard working qualities)

Shallan: Slytherin or Ravenclaw

Dallinar: Gryffindor all the way

Adolin: Like father, like son

Renarin: Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff

Mistborn Characters:

Vin: I honestly don't know.

Kelsier: So Slytherin it's not even funny.

Marsh: Ravenclaw

Breeze: SLYTHERINNN

Ham: Ravenclaw, probably

Mistborn 2.0 (I don't know what else to call the Wax and Wayne series) characters:

Wax: Gryffindor, I think. Maybe not. Eh, I don't know

Wayne: Hufflepuff or Slytherin

Marasi: Gryffindor mixed Ravenclaw

Steris: I really don't know for her...

Elantris:

Hrathen: Ravenclaw or Slytherin or Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. In short, I don't know.

Sarene: Slytherin (on accoutn of her ambition. And excessive knowledge on how to manipulate people)

Raoden: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff

I am really tired and I can't think of anymore character sorting of the top of my head so yeah. What do you guys think?

I feel like we should get Twi in on this.

I'm flattered. ^_^

Vin, I think, is a Slytherin. "Me and mine first" is a good guiding philosophy for the Slytherins we see in canon, and it fits Vin quite well. Her loyalty is first to her own safety; then, as she learns to trust others, her loyalty encompasses everyone she deems her friend. She wouldn't die for a kingdom, but she'd die for the people in it. As a secondary, I think she'd have Gryffindor.

Elend is a Ravenclaw. He puts the truth first, and continues to hold to his ideals long after others have abandoned them--but he has a pretty strong Gryffindor secondary, in that he views the truth as instinctive.

Sazed is a Ravenclaw through and through. His quest for the one true religion practically screams it.

Straff got expelled when the Sorting Hat took a peek inside his head and started sobbing. :ph34r:

Sadeas is definitely Slytherin

Ambition, cunning, leadership, "me and mine first"….yep, Sadeas embodies the worst of Slytherin House. Shallan, on the other hand, embodies the best: Ambition used to better herself, and to help the world in its time of need. Cunning used to help her family. Leadership of men who would just as soon turn around and kill her. She has a strong Ravenclaw secondary, but Shallan is as much a credit to Slytherin as Sadeas is an old shame. 

There's no Warbreaker yet, so here you go.

Lightsong - Gryffendor. I mean, brave is in his name.

Vivenna - Slytherin. Her desire to become more powerful through learning Awakening, her feelings of superiority to others, and her pride all fit a Slytherin.

Denth - Slytherin

Vasher - Ravenclaw. He was originally a scholar.

Susebron - Hufflepuff. He's extremely trusting and cares deeply about people.

Siri - ? In not sure about her.

I always went with Kaladin-Hufflepuff, Shallan-Ravenclaw, Dalinar-Gryffindor, Adolin-Slytherin. Maybe just because it's convenient and made for a neat fanart project (which I won't post because my drawing is incredibly terrible it's embarrassing) but I think it works pretty well.

Are you sure Ruin would be Slytherin? We dont know much about Ati as a person and I don't really see the Intent as fitting in anywhere in particular.

So Honor for sure would be Gryffindor, Devotion probably Hufflepuff but maybe Slytherin. I feel like Preservation would be Hufflepuff just because of Professor Sprout and growing things.  If you take Cultivation as cultivating talents thats more of a Slytherin attribute. 

The Shards should be the teachers:

Honor: Head of Gryffindor House

Odium (or Ruin?): Head of Slytherin

Really, Odium could fit anywhere. 

Gryffindor: He has the nerve to hate what everyone else seems to love. 

Ravenclaw: He's intelligent enough to hate what's popular. 

Hufflepuff: He hates something that promotes inequality. 

Slytherin: He hates something that threatens those who are important to him. 

I agree with Twi for the Slytherin ones. As a Slytherin with a strong Ravenclaw secondary myself, I feel like a lot of Slytherins are misrepresented, and I would have categorized a lot more characters in Slytherin, but I tried to remain unbiased and attempted to make sure each house got good representation. (I may have failed with Hufflepuff, but I did try).

Also I love the ideas of Shards being teachers, but I am not as familiar with the Shards as some people here, so I'm not going to try and categorize them.

• 1 year later...

Mistborn:

Vin: Slytherin, for sure!

Kelsier: also Slytherin

Elend: I would say Ravenclaw, but in the 3rd book he is definitely acting more like a Gryffindor and his strong values kind of fall in Huffelpuff territory

Breeze: Slytherin, I never realized how many Slytherins there were in this book franchise

Ham: Getting Huffelpuff vibes of him, but Gryffindor fits too

Sazed: Ravenclaw, but I get why people also say Huffelpuff

Spook: I guess Gryffindor, but not really sure with him

Mistborn Era 2:

Wax: Gryffindor

Wayne: Weird Slytherin/Hufflepuff mix 

Marasi: Ravenclaw

Steris: I think Slytherin (she is really resourceful and clever, also quite ambitious and determined)

Marsh: Ravenclaw I guess, not sure with him

Elantris:

Raodan: He could be almost anything, but I guess I would pick Ravenclaw for him!

Hrathen: definitely Slytherin, no doubt

Sarene: another Slytherin (funny I always sure with the Slytherins)

Galladon: I'd say Huffelpuff, he isn't bold enough to be a Gryffindor and not as eager for knowledge as Ravenclaws, but he is definitely loyal and hard working

Way of Kings (just read part 1):

Kaladin: Gryffindor

Shallan: I guess Slytherin does kind of fit even thoug she is smart, she isn't smart enough for me to be a Ravenclaw

Dalinar: Gryffindor, but he is evolving into a Hufflepuff

Adolin: Another Gryffindor

Renarin: Ravenclaw

Jasnah: A Ravenclaw at its finest

Sadeas: Slytherin

Elhokar: I dont see him anywhere, he surely as hell isn't Gryffindor or Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff... not sure if he is clever enough to be Slytherin, I think not...

Rock: seems like a Hufflepuff to me

Szeth: Weird choice probably, but Hufflepuff. He could be Ravenclaw, but I don't know enough yet to judge him properly 

I have yet to read Warbreaker, so I will be back in a few month probably to edit that in, now I am thoroughly busy with the Way Of Kings series since I only just read Part 1, so i still have 4 books to go and Oathbreaker isn't broken into two books so that will take long enough. I should also study instead of reading these amazing books, but Brandon Sanderson books just can't wait!! I also read the Reckoners series but since it isn't Cosmere related I won't sort them into houses

Edited by Daracha
New Information

Jasnah: Hard Ravenclaw.

Sixth of the dusk: The strong silent Gryffindor type.

Suit: Definitely Slytherin.

Siri: Hufflepuff with flair.

Dilaf: Unquestionable Slytherin

Rashek: 10 points to Gryffindor.

Hoid: Sneaks in disguised as a Beauxbatons student and wins the triwizard tournament.

Edited by Nathrangking