Spoiler tags on the Coppermind?

Young Bard

A short while ago, I was browsing another Wikimedia forum, and I found a spoiler tag. After a short time of investigating, I found this. It's allows spoiler tags to be used on the Coppermind. I, personally would be in favour of this. It can prevent other awkward work-arounds.

Very tangential SoS spoilers:

One example of this would be the Lessie page. Right now, we have a stub with a redirect with warning. With this, we could improve it, and make it more intuitive.

It also means that we might be able to spoiler some of the older books major twists as well.

Warbreaker Spoilers:

If someone halfway through Warbreaker decides to look up 'Bluefingers', assuming him to be a minor character, he won't get surprised this way.

So, are spoiler tags on the Coppermind a viable option? Is there any reason not to have them, seeing as they're already Wikimedia software?

Thanks for the suggestion. We've avoid doing this for a number of reasons.

* the thing looks ugly and doesn't stop spoilers from being read by editors

* some articles would literally be either nested lots or every second sentence would be in a spoiler box

* the wiki has a 'this wiki spoils things' policy, which means we can write actual prose rather than just boxes of facts in spoiler tags

Our current policy is to say that articles have spoilers from recent books (aka 6 months), which yeah isn't the greatest for new readers, and gets confusing when there's multiple books out (dang it Brandon you write too fast XD) 

Shadows of Silence spoilers:

Your point about Lessie is... still flawed. You either end up duplicating info on Lessie and Paalm's pages or you spoil one or the other with the page title itself.

Warbreaker Spoilers:

If someone halfway through Warbreaker decides to look up 'Bluefingers', assuming him to be a minor character, he won't get surprised this way.

BWAHAHA I did this exact thing on my second read-through, after I'd forgotten everything. I was just like, "oh, right. oops."

• 4 weeks later...