Strange woman who danced with Wax at the party in New Seran [Bands Spoilers]

scottwo

I literally am just at that part, so I don't know if she shows up again or not, but.

Who else thinks that's Khriss? Nazh is also on Scadrial at this time. He's the haunted man in the broadsheets.

A lot of people think it is. I noticed her immediately but I couldn't remember what we thought her name was.

100% Khriss. Note: I haven't actually gotten explicit confirmation from Brandon on this, so I guess it is technically a guess, but come on. It is totally Khriss.

She WRITES THE ARS ARCANUMs. And of course she asks Wax this stuff...

Did you like the "putting a lantern on it" for the redshift thing? Wonderful.

Also, come on guys. Tag spoilers in the title with [bands Spoilers].

Yeah, totally Khriss. Also, I asked Brandon about the other thing she was talking about - the conservation of momentum thing - and he confirmed one of my previous guesses about Iron Feruchemy (I can't remember if I've posted about my guess before or not) - but he confirmed that Feruchemical iron modifies your body's interaction with the Higgs field.

Which seems the simplest way to achieve the results we see. Doesn't explain the strength change, but that could likely be explained by additional Cognitive stuff going on. But the physical process of storing/tapping mass is actually a result of messing with the Higgs field.

Also, come on guys. Tag spoilers in the title with [bands Spoilers].

Sorry, I am new here and am a bit confused: isn't this entire section of the forum titled "Bands of Mourning Spoiler Board"? Why would someone need to redundantly need to tag their thread title as a spoiler for the very book this spoiler forum was made for?

Sorry, I am new here and am a bit confused: isn't this entire section of the forum titled "Bands of Mourning Spoiler Board"? Why would someone need to redundantly need to tag their thread title as a spoiler for the very book this spoiler forum was made for?

Because the titles of newly created threads show up on the "New Content" section of the forum, and in similar places. Without tagging the thread title for spoilers, people might click on the link from the main page without realizing that it directs to the spoiler forum.

Because the titles of newly created threads show up on the "New Content" section of the forum, and in similar places. Without tagging the thread title for spoilers, people might click on the link from the main page without realizing that it directs to the spoiler forum.

Ah, I did not realize that. Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me! Have an upvote! :)

I am glad that in my newly created thread I followed the rule without understanding it haha. I would hate for something to be spoiled for an unsuspecting forum member.

I did indeed explain this in the topic on Bands spoilerss :) Do I need to make this news post more obvious? (I mean that with total sicerity.)

Oh I do not think so. I am very new to this site as a user (only had an account for a few days) so I am still learning the ropes. I usually skip the news section and jump right to the forums. Sorry about that! I will be more conscientious and read the news as well as the forums! ;) 

Having restrained myself - mightily, too - from reading White Sand (for... turns out only 3 years now, felt much longer), I'll have to your reports on her description matching Khriss' on face value. So, exciting stuff! She was great, very much what I would expect from her. 

I just got to this scene in the book and immediately thought it was Khriss. It has to be. Who else would ask such specific questions about how allomancy and feruchemy work and mix? Who else would wonder about the physics involved?! I'm super stoked by this! Ahhh!

Oh I do not think so. I am very new to this site as a user (only had an account for a few days) so I am still learning the ropes. I usually skip the news section and jump right to the forums. Sorry about that! I will be more conscientious and read the news as well as the forums! ;)

My bad. I definitely didn't read the post before posting myself. That's all on me.

Are we talking about Nazh here, too? Because it looked to me like he had a laser gun. A "screaming ghost" might have just been a blast of energy or plasma. And the way it was powered, by glowing symbols? Anyone else think it might have come from Sel? A good ol' Elantrian Blaster Pistol?

but he confirmed that Feruchemical iron modifies your body's interaction with the Higgs field.

You manage to ask him before I did ;-; damnation, and I thought I pioneered that theory. Good stuff, Seonid.

I love how possible Khriss sounds during the encounter. Almost sounds like a 17th Sharder from this very forum trying to work out the mechanics of realmatics, from the question of mass / gravity to redshifting speed bubbles. I swear, I've read forums that spoke of that very subject

Yeah, totally Khriss. Also, I asked Brandon about the other thing she was talking about - the conservation of momentum thing - and he confirmed one of my previous guesses about Iron Feruchemy (I can't remember if I've posted about my guess before or not) - but he confirmed that Feruchemical iron modifies your body's interaction with the Higgs field.

Which seems the simplest way to achieve the results we see. Doesn't explain the strength change, but that could likely be explained by additional Cognitive stuff going on. But the physical process of storing/tapping mass is actually a result of messing with the Higgs field.

I knew it. Thought that might come out in later books, but its definitely good to know. And yeah, the strength change(assuming you mean why doesnt the body get crushed from tapping stored mass) most likely comes from something to do with Identity.

Yay, I really enjoyed seeing her in Bands.

Has it been directly confirmed yet that she wrote the Ars Arcanum? At this point it seems pretty obvious that she is the writer, I just don't know if we've had direct WoB on that yet. And yeah, I already know about the one saying she's the most knowledgeable person about the Cosmere.

I just logged on to see if anyone else thought that was Kriss too. That was my immediate assumption and since everyone else seems to think that too, it's probably her - unless it's just a huge misdirection by Brandon. I don't think it's been confirmed by Brandon, but Kriss is almost certainly the Ars Arcanum author.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking about Nazh here, too? Because it looked to me like he had a laser gun. A "screaming ghost" might have just been a blast of energy or plasma. And the way it was powered, by glowing symbols? Anyone else think it might have come from Sel? A good ol' Elantrian Blaster Pistol?

Yeah, that.

Also, how do we know it's Nazh?

Yeah, that.

Also, how do we know it's Nazh?

He swore using "helmore!", which is a suspiciously Threnody-like thing to say. That, in addition to the fact that he carried a knife (we've seen Nazh do this before), convinces me that it was him.