The Official Thread of Relationships

To be fair, teenage boys can also be confusing. Plus, it might not help in a relationship when you want something (ex: to go with someone to prom) and you've been told for a great deal of your life to be passive, be quiet, let the man take the lead, etc. Or maybe they thought it was as obvious as Awakening a sign with glittery letters to wave in your face, when in actuality the sign was waved so vigorously you couldn't read what it said.

10 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

To be fair, teenage boys can also be confusing. Plus, it might not help in a relationship when you want something (ex: to go with someone to prom) and you've been told for a great deal of your life to be passive, be quiet, let the man take the lead, etc. Or maybe they thought it was as obvious as Awakening a sign with glittery letters to wave in your face, when in actuality the sign was waved so vigorously you couldn't read what it said.

The thing with teenage boys is that we're not the brightest. We don't understand subtlety. The best way to inform one is just to say it. Otherwise, we tend not to get the message. We are simple creatures. And, we (or at the very least, I) find it to be refreshing when a girl asks us out

@Arraenae If it's something like prom where girls don't ask guys, but you want a particular guy to ask you, just tell him that you would love it if he asked you. Give him a couple of days, and he'll come up with something. Works with almost every guy, and he'll thank you because of it.

19 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

And, we (or at the very least, I) find it to be refreshing when a girl asks us out

Seconded. Especially if the girl already has something in mind; I'm always low on ideas for good dates.

@Arraenae - what @Elenion said. If you don't feel comfortable asking him out, tell him 'you know, I think I'd really like it if you asked me to prom' with a smile, and, if you can pull it off, a wink. 

Guys are terrible at hints. Teenagers are worse than most. Make it obvious, spell it out, but make it fun. 

4 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Annnnnd I'm single from this happening yesterday 

/hug

ouch dude. 

If its any consolation, if they're breaking up with you over a mistake, then you probably shouldn't have been together in the first place. That relationship would not have lasted. 

Nevertheless, you're probably feeling like you've been left in damnation. 

Have a hug, and find yourself a shoulder to cry on. 

Close friends/siblings recommended. 

2 hours ago, Erunion said:

/hug

ouch dude. 

If its any consolation, if they're breaking up with you over a mistake, then you probably shouldn't have been together in the first place. That relationship would not have lasted. 

Nevertheless, you're probably feeling like you've been left in damnation. 

Have a hug, and find yourself a shoulder to cry on. 

Close friends/siblings recommended. 

Not single mistake, more straw that broke the chasmfiend's back. This happening AFTER a discussion of me making her a bigger priority. Strangely, I'm not feeling much different 6 hours later 

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

Not single mistake, more straw that broke the chasmfiend's back. This happening AFTER a discussion of me making her a bigger priority. Strangely, I'm not feeling much different 6 hours later 

How were you feeling 6 hours ago? 

I have an SO, but my parents are really religious and have banned me from seeing him; however, they don't know he's my SO. Just that they don't want me hanging out with him or texting him. Of course, we still sit together before school and at lunch...but I always feel like we don't really get to be around each other enough...and I'm always afraid my parents will find out. I really like him, but I don't know if the benefits outweigh the risks here....

29 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

I really want a partner. Someone who will go for long walks with me and always be there and love me unconditionally.

A dog, is what I mean. I really want a dog.

*cat

12 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I have an SO, but my parents are really religious and have banned me from seeing him; however, they don't know he's my SO. Just that they don't want me hanging out with him or texting him. Of course, we still sit together before school and at lunch...but I always feel like we don't really get to be around each other enough...and I'm always afraid my parents will find out. I really like him, but I don't know if the benefits outweigh the risks here....

SO?