Alcatraz vs Cosmere (or the world)

I read Alcatraz after I've read WoK, WoR and Mistborn. While reading Alcatraz I kept seeing analogies and references between this world and Cosmere or other books written by Brandon, or even other authors.

Why don't we try to find all the references from all the books? I can remember only a few from the top of my head, but I bet there are more.

1) "Wasing not of wasing is" - Quentins Talent kicked in, making him say it. That's obviously reference to Mistborn trilogy.

2) Knights of Crystalia - to he, they have striking similarities to Knights Radiant. Or rather their crystal swords are very similar to Shardblades and their glass armors are somewhat similar to Shardplates.

3) The ending of first book, when Alcatraz expects his grandfather will leave him in his old house for couple of weeks. Grandpa calls it nonsense minutes later. - That's a reference to Harry Potter, Brandon admits it in the Annotations.

4) Curators in the Library of Alexandria --- Shadows from Threnody.

5) Transportation Glass from book 3 --- Oathgates. They work very similarly, exchanging the contents of two rooms.

6) Somewhere in Alcatraz books there is a mention of Rhysadium.

And that's all I can think of now. What similarities to other worlds have you seen in Alcatraz series?

I read Alcatraz after I've read WoK, WoR and Mistborn. While reading Alcatraz I kept seeing analogies and references between this world and Cosmere or other books written by Brandon, or even other authors.

Why don't we try to find all the references from all the books? I can remember only a few from the top of my head, but I bet there are more.

1) "Wasing not of wasing is" - Quentins Talent kicked in, making him say it. That's obviously reference to Mistborn trilogy.

2) Knights of Crystalia - to he, they have striking similarities to Knights Radiant. Or rather their crystal swords are very similar to Shardblades and their glass armors are somewhat similar to Shardplates.

3) The ending of first book, when Alcatraz expects his grandfather will leave him in his old house for couple of weeks. Grandpa calls it nonsense minutes later. - That's a reference to Harry Potter, Brandon admits it in the Annotations.

4) Curators in the Library of Alexandria --- Shadows from Threnody.

5) Transportation Glass from book 3 --- Oathgates. They work very similarly, exchanging the contents of two rooms.

6) Somewhere in Alcatraz books there is a mention of Rhysadium.

And that's all I can think of now. What similarities to other worlds have you seen in Alcatraz series?

When Alcatraz visits the free kingdoms and sees the book written about him. The cover is a spoof off the cover of the first harry potter book. 

• 2 months later...

There are lots of other references to other non-Sanderson books and movies.

There's Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Quentin randomly says "Churches, lead, very small rocks, and ducks."), the Princess Bride (According to Wink, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia"), and The Lord of the Rings (Alcatraz says something like "I might have to send a character to Valinor but I'm not going to marry Rosie").

• 3 weeks later...

In case you didn't notice, the Alcatraz books don't so much have a fourth wall as they have a fourth "Did that wall just fall over for no reason?  Why one Earth are they all carrying teddy bears?  Did that one just explode?  I need to get more sleep."

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...