Bands of mourning release party??

Peng the Just

I think I mentioned this before but in case someone feels like asking: "If a tineye or a windwhisperer gained enough breaths for for perfect life sense would burning tin enhance that and could a windwhisperer store the perfect life sense in a tin mind?"

Or something to that effect. "Could a tin metalborn/Awakener enhance their perfect life sense?" Is probably a better way to phrase it.

Edit: Something else!

Could someone not from Nalthis awaken without a hack? Do you just need the breaths or do you need the spiritweb too?

I thought of a third one: Could you create a shardblade with the magic on Scadrial? How about on Sel?

Edited by Morzathoth

Many thanks!

Brandon said that the aura of the BioChromatic Breath and Stormlight is very similar. They're two different magic systems, but essentially the same phenomenon.

Khriss/Nazh questions please. :) I love this little side-plot.

I also got confirmation from him that Nazh appears in the broadsheets that are scattered throughout the Bands of Mourning. And he's doing something very Nazh-ish. 

I didn't get much, sorry, but a lady in front of me with two daughters got something that she was surprised at, but I couldn't quite overhear, so hopefully she's a member here. 

I asked two questions:

Can an Epic's weakness change? Brandon said so far they have not.

I also asked if Kelsier has talked to Marsh since Sazed's Ascension. I got a RAFO for that one, but Brandon said that this will be specifically addressed in the future, so it's not just a RAFO in case, it will be answered.

I had a blast at the party! I met Little Wilson, Seonid, Rubix, and firstRainbowRose and chatted with a bunch of people. I managed to get spot #7 in line too, so that was cool as well. I did have to head out a bit early, so I didn't get as many questions answered as I'd have liked, but it was fun over all and now I'm excited to start BoM and Secret History!

I asked if the Shard that just wants to survive has something like the intent of fear. Brandon replied that that shard's intent is only tangentially related to what's going on.

That shard is well aware of what is n going on in the Cosmere, and is smart enough to try and just get away from it all.

I didn't get much, sorry, but a lady in front of me with two daughters got something that she was surprised at, but I couldn't quite overhear, so hopefully she's a member here.

My daughters and I were #5! We were right in front of you. :)

We each asked one question:

My oldest asked if it took a life to create Nightblood: No, it did not.

My younger daughter asked why, if Renarin could see the future, did he say "We're dead"? Brandon said this will be explained soon (I didn't remember Book 3 being specifically mentioned but I was distracted, and she swears she heard him say that's where it would be addresseed further).

My question was, At what point did Renarin hear the Shardblades screaming? He said "Earlier than what was apparent." That was my reaction of surprise/excited relief. I have a deep love for Renarin and was happy to hear that he's as tough as I thought.

So we really didn't get much, either. I wish we'd had more time. I had more questions ready, and what we managed to ask was probably not the juiciest.

But hey, no RAFOs! :)

(...well, maybe one soft RAFO, but I barely count it as one. For me/us and my RAFO history, these answers were pretty good.)

So does that mean that a man with a "male" spren could be the type to develop a "bromance"?

And are about half the Shards shattered? Or could Endowment be one of the Shards that isn't whole because of the Splinters she made?

Probably he counted every Shard with Splinter of itself (therefore also Endowment, Cultivation and Odium).

I plan to ask a follow up to both that question and the Lord Ruler one at the Calamity signing. I'm hoping that since it won't be 2:30 am, he might be able to math. :lol: Though he'll likely RAFO me on at least one of those. We'll see.

Maybe warn him a head of time so he can have the math already done by the time you ask the question?

There's a recording of the whole signing. Rubix/fRR have it, and I'm sure Weiry will have it soon. I've got a recording of my questions, but that's it.

EDIT: Actually, I recorded the reading as well. Note: The reading itself starts at 1:23; before that is Brandon talking about when to expect Oathbringer and a Cosmere novella compilation that will be coming out later this year. I apologize for some of the talking going on. I don't think it blocks out Brandon speaking, but I was sitting between Seonid and Aradel, so depending on what happened in the reading, we may have "whispered" and I think my phone picked up those whispers....

There's a recording of the whole signing. Rubix/fRR have it, and I'm sure Weiry will have it soon. I've got a recording of my questions, but that's it.

EDIT: Actually, I recorded the reading as well. Note: The reading itself starts at 1:23; before that is Brandon talking about when to expect Oathbringer and a Cosmere novella compilation that will be coming out later this year. I apologize for some of the talking going on. I don't think it blocks out Brandon speaking, but I was sitting between Seonid and Aradel, so depending on what happened in the reading, we may have "whispered" and I think my phone picked up those whispers....

I regret nothing! Unless nobody else recorded the reading as well, in which case, I might be open to feeling some regret.