Curious Anamaximder

Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

4,424 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Many hours later: Some of my symptoms have subsided. I no longer have the headache, but the tea that I drank for my throat left me thoroughly caffeinated. Made being productive almost impossible. Speaking of my throat, it still feels like someone shoved sandpaper down it. I still have a fever (or at least, if feel like I do, thermometer's batter is dead, and is non rechargeable. I've had at least two noticeable spikes in heart-rate and pulse, gotten from doing nothing but laying around. They both subsided to what I believe is a standard. This information is leading me to suspect strep throat.

*hug* I hope you get better.

Well, I'm dead.

Hugs, please?

Like this week I have been singing Broken by Lung to myself softly, rofl

Spoiler

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
Will you hang me out to dry?
Will you take my soul in the midnight rain?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?

While I'm falling apart
While I'm going
Insane

Can you break my bones?
Will you tear my skin?

Can you taste my lust?
Can you feel my sin?

See I'm a waste of life
I should just kill myself
Yeah, I could slit my wrists
But it really wouldn't help
Wouldn't fix my issues
Or change your mind

Cause I broke your heart
And you buried mine
Now I'm 6 feet deep and I can't breathe
I got dirt in my eyes
And blood on my sleeves
But I dig my way up
Through these roots and leaves

So I can get some air
So I can finally breathe

And now I'm on my knees
Oh baby begging please
Will you
Will you

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going
Insane

Don't you miss me when I'm gone
Cause you're the storming reason that I'm not around

Don't you miss me when I'm, miss me when I'm gone
Cause you're the storming reason that I'm not around
storming reason that I'm not around
slontze you're the storming reason that I'm not around

17 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Well, I'm dead.

Hugs, please?

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.

I seem to be mostly recovered. The only real problem anymore is my throat, which hurts like Braize when I cough, which is frequently. I sound like one of those people from those anti-smoking adds.

21 hours ago, Delightful said:

I was thinking if you get a name you can google him.....

*hugs*. It's gonna be ok.

So, I knocked. He was home. However, the package had never arrived.

Because local FedEx is made of butts and cannot read addresses or street signs.

4 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

I seem to be mostly recovered. The only real problem anymore is my throat, which hurts like Braize when I cough, which is frequently. I sound like one of those people from those anti-smoking adds.

Update: I'm completely fine, now, except for when I cough or speak. Then there's pain. In other words, the pain only comes when I make noise with my mouth. This is leading me to think that the problem is with my larynx, instead of my throat. So yay, smaller chance of strep?

Fabric update:

I contacted the seller and explained the situation. They applied a credit in the amount of the fabric price (minus the shipping charges) to a reorder, and I have fabric on its way to the correct address. They are going to contact FedEx in an attempt to track down where the package actually went in an attempt to get it returned to them. I wish them the best of luck.

I also got my corset kit this week (this uses different fabric; the linen is for my skirt), so I will probably be working on sewing a mock-up this weekend. :)

On 6/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, Silverblade5 said:

Update: I'm completely fine, now, except for when I cough or speak. Then there's pain. In other words, the pain only comes when I make noise with my mouth. This is leading me to think that the problem is with my larynx, instead of my throat. So yay, smaller chance of strep?

While I'm still coughing often, I've recovered to the point where I can actually hold a conversation.

What an evil rat like me likes to hear! :D

On 5/30/2017 at 0:59 AM, Herowannabe said:

My cat is lost. :(

We have two cats, but Rugby is really my cat. Or I should say, I'm his person. He just adores me, and loves to jump in my lap and get attention from me and cuddle with me at night. He doesn't mind getting luvs from other people, but I'm the only one that he really seeks out for luvs. 

And now we can't find him. 

He's an indoor cat- we don't let him out, but (as best as we can tell) he snuck outside sometime Saturday Evening. We've had such a busy crazy weekend that we've barely been at home the past few days and it wasn't until this morning that we realized we hadn't seen Rugby in a while and started searching. 

We've been doing all the normal things you should do- searching for him, leaving food out, putting up fliers, calling the Humane Society and animal shelters, posting ads on Craigslist and Nextdoor and KSL and everything- but haven't found him yet. We talked to a few neighbors who saw/heard him slinking about and yowling on Saturday Night, but we haven't found anybody who has seen him since then. We found tufts of fur that are probably his nearby one of the places that he was seen, so he's probably been in at least one fight with another cat. 

He's a big cat and he hasn't been declawed or anything so I think he can hold his own against another cat and probably even most dogs, but like I said he's an indoor cat and doesn't know what he's doing out there. The worst was the neighbor who said they heard a cat yowling the other night- I'm sure that was Rugby, lost and alone and crying for help. It just breaks my heart. I'm so sad and worried for him that I just feel sick. 

I just want my buddy back safe and sound. :(:(:( 

IMG_0447.thumb.JPG.242dd22b060b1d4495f013013786ed80.JPG

I have an update to this story, but it didn't feel right to post it in this thread, so I posted it here instead

Yay returned kitty! But not Returned kitty, because that would be weird.

First shipment of fabric got located over the weekend. (Apparently one of the roommates of the new owner of the old house thought it was theirs and opened it. Like the Spanish Inquisition, 4 yards of linen fabric was not expected.)

Posted (edited)

Today was my first day for summer running. I ended up choking at least twice during the four miles. What should've taken 40 minutes took 60.

Edited by Silverblade5

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Yay returned kitty! But not Returned kitty, because that would be weird.

Actually cats can Return 8 times.

That's why philosophers argue that Endowment likes cats and why it is a sacred animal in many of Nalthian cultures.

"Son, you need to hang out with your friends more." *takes away ability to communicate with friends* "you can communicate with them again after you hang out with them"

Ugh tropical system moving into Gulf now. I don't want to deal with it but it may give no choice. Grumpy

3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Ugh tropical system moving into Gulf now. I don't want to deal with it but it may give no choice. Grumpy

*pats on back* We're getting the rain downpour too. And the humidity. Just gotta find that happy place and think "yep, just braving a highstorm like a pro."

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ryshadium90 said:

*pats on back* We're getting the rain downpour too. And the humidity. Just gotta find that happy place and think "yep, just braving a highstorm like a pro."

Looks like Lake Charles is smack in the middle of its current expected path. Not good for me at all. Only good news it's not expecting to get to a hurricane but it's still going to be wet and windy 

Edited by Briar King

On 6/19/2017 at 1:21 AM, Herowannabe said:

I have an update to this story, but it didn't feel right to post it in this thread, so I posted it here instead

Apparently I spoke too soon. 

It turns out that the cat we found wasn't our Rugby, but a different cat named Zombie. He could be Rugby's twin though, or well, maybe his dad, since Zombie is several years older than Rugby. 

The good news (if there is any) is that we located Zombie's proper owners and returned him. He was happy to be home. 

Now back to searching for my kitty. :(

Well rust... Cindy stalled out a few hrs and got up to 60 mph. Didn't think it was going to top 45. Going to hit right over me tomorrow looks like. Kinda think it could hit Cat 1 unless the water cools down now that it's dark.

8 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

It turns out that the cat we found wasn't our Rugby, but a different cat named Zombie. He could be Rugby's twin though, or well, maybe his dad, since Zombie is several years older than Rugby. 

The good news (if there is any) is that we located Zombie's proper owners and returned him. He was happy to be home. 

*headpat* I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get your friend back soon.

@Herowannabe I'm sorry your kitty is still missing, but I'm sure Zombie's people were glad to have him back. I hope you find Rugby soon. *hugs*

On 21/6/2017 at 3:13 AM, Herowannabe said:

*hugs* I hope you find her soon.

I had an awful day, I have done the worst exam ever, I couldn't even understand the questions, then I find out that my phone doesn't work, finally when I was in the bus heading home I said: "Well, at least the day can't go worse",like two second after that my ex-girlfriend got in the bus.

9 hours ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

I had an awful day, I have done the worst exam ever, I couldn't even understand the questions, then I find out that my phone doesn't work, finally when I was in the bus heading home I said: "Well, at least the day can't go worse",like two second after that my ex-girlfriend got in the bus.

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.