Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

:(

So if you caught my post in the happy thread about Alligator Alley, then you know the first half of the story. 

The second half is that the band director announced that we won't be playing it. Why must the universe torture me so! I've wanted to play this song every since the seventh grade!

@Queen Elsa Steelheart Thank you. *hugs back. You too @Mestiv:D 

12 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

:(

So if you caught my post in the happy thread about Alligator Alley, then you know the first half of the story. 

The second half is that the band director announced that we won't be playing it. Why must the universe torture me so! I've wanted to play this song every since the seventh grade!

Ah that sucks man :/

Unfortunately, no. I'm a copper misting. But, I have some advice.

Fill a cup about 3/4 full of water, add a few drops of lemon juice, add some honey, mix well, and heat in a microwave until warm. My parents call it lemon honey and it soothes The throat like no ones business.

If that doesn't work, try a similar mixture but replace the lemon juice and about 1/4 of the water with some apple-cider vinegar. It tastes terrible and goes down hard, but it does help.

Sorry for the pain, and I apologize for your having gotten sick. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

So my family got sick for about 8 hours each, but felt fine in between, umm, "getting sick" times. I've been sick for 3 days now, still can barely eat anything, and feel miserable all the time, without being able to actually expel anything. I did sleep through pretty much the entire day today, so that was ok.

15 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Noone has said it.

It is apparent. People forget about me within 2 seconds of meeting me. People walk away mid conversation, their eyes skim passed me as if I am part of the scenery, I wander around so much, everywhere yet nowhere. An eternal cycle.

And I'm storming done with it.

When people do that to me I decide they're not worth my time and move on. Also, to a lesser extent that was me in High School. I;d say something, nobody would react, a minute later someone would day the exact same thing.And I'd be like "hey I just said that!" and someone might turn round "Oh did you? Sorry". It's a matter of finding the right people, and on a more technical level, do you mumble? Try talking louder and clearer and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

So my family got sick for about 8 hours each, but felt fine in between, umm, "getting sick" times. I've been sick for 3 days now, still can barely eat anything, and feel miserable all the time, without being able to actually expel anything. I did sleep through pretty much the entire day today, so that was ok.

That sounds miserable :(

11 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

But, I have some advice.

Fill a cup about 3/4 full of water, add a few drops of lemon juice, add some honey, mix well, and heat in a microwave until warm. My parents call it lemon honey and it soothes The throat like no ones business.

THIS :wub:

The pain didn't go away, of course, but it's bearable now :) I can swallow with pain but no longer I have to gather up courage to do it.

9 hours ago, Delightful said:

When people do that to me I decide they're not worth my time and move on. Also, to a lesser extent that was me in High School. I;d say something, nobody would react, a minute later someone would day the exact same thing.And I'd be like "hey I just said that!" and someone might turn round "Oh did you? Sorry". It's a matter of finding the right people, and on a more technical level, do you mumble? Try talking louder and clearer and see if that helps.

Err. Honestly, the only people who i talk to happen to be on this forum...

I used to be quite loud and raucous, and I loved to pretend everything was ok (heh) . Lately, I've become very reclusive and repressed. Whenever I speak, I do speak quite loudly and firmly. (Unless it's a bad pun...). Honestly, I will be completely engaged in a conversation with somone, and then, say someone calls out to them from a distance away, they will literally just walk away and go to the person who called them. I have a group of friends with whom I hang out with, and they accept me and everything, but I tend to go ignored in general.

I don't usually speak about my problems clearly here. (end up as poems or some incoherent garble). The day I posted it was one of the most stressful days I have had in a long time.

By then I had been awake for another one of my three day streaks -_-. and I decided to polish and practise my Photography assignment which was due the same day. I attempted studying for my math exam (also same day -__-) and...well I have trouble studying, so I ended up drawing and things. Enter father. My father hates me doing anything I find joy in (at this moment in time I had already been banned from drawing or doing anything, so I was doing so in secret). He is the sort who basically is, like, study 24/7 or go to hell. Anyway, he caught be drawing, bad things ensued. And I left home already on a bad foot.

I catch the train to school alone, which really bothered me for some reason, and then when I got to school I made my way to my usual group. Now, when I get there I end up wandering around in silence, observing what is going on and occasionally joining in on things which interest me. That day, for some reason, no-one greeted me, which is normal (I usually greet people, and they reply). And the fact no-one said hello or anything that morning really pissed me off.

Class starts and I start off with Art. But instead of prac we were doing theory -_-. So I ended up sitting there idly doodling whilst half listening to the teacher ramble about Pop Art (I had already completed the set tasks)

Then I had my Maths exam, which was horrible. 40 storming questions. AND 50 STORMING MINUTES.

When it comes to Maths I am a slow worker, it's hard for me to get engaged when doing Math. Usually I am able to focus when doing Math, but when it comes to things like Coordinate Geometry and other tedious subjects I find it hard to work. I ended up answering most questions, but I never reached the last 6 questions. And some of the questions I did answer, I was very agitated about, because I couldn't recall anything about them, so I tried my best to get as close as I could.

Anyway, once that was done, I knew it was best to forget about it, or else my anxiety would get the best of me and I probably would have broken down right then, Moving on to Break 1/2 . Spent most of the time touching up my presentation, talked to Elsa a bit (:D). Then left for Photography. Teacher made me go first -_-. I did the presentation, but was trembling badly by the end. Which is another weird thing, I can do presentations/speeches/debates fairly well save for the occasional stutter. I managed to scrape a 86% (barely an A). And was fairly happy with myself. Only thing that sucked was that the trembling wouldn't stop.

I had English next. And we got our results from this story thing we had to write. I was feeling stupid at the time so I wrote this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DC39zuJFqZ0kJj2kI77tDSrRiFa01_fjPq_H5e6TX_g/edit?usp=sharing

And I also had done it the night before :P I got a 75% on that, which was a disappointment, but to be expected. I procrastinate so much lmao.

Finished off with History Elective...which is usually interesting, but was a bludge and gave me time to think. And thinking is bad. By the end of the lesson my trembling had stopped (THANK GOD). And I left the school with my group of friends and we caught the train. This is where I really felt punched in the gut. My stop is the second station from the school, and we are all standing in the main compartment, chatting. And just before my stop comes, they see that there are a group of seats free and rush off to grab them, completely forgetting that I was about to get off. I, admittedly had been silent for most of the ride, but when they left I sort of gave this strangled "Ok, Bye".

Only person that heard was Dylan, who seemed to turn around with this look of realisation, and then he glanced at me apologetically and said "See ya".

I walked home depressed and then returned to the hell which is home.

56 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Yeah, I heard about it this morning. Luckily, I don't think many were killed...what I heard said only one I think?

4. *sigh....this world...

6 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

THIS :wub:

The pain didn't go away, of course, but it's bearable now :) I can swallow with pain but no longer I have to gather up courage to do it.

That's great to hear :D I've had horrible strange throat problems before, where it felt like a knife was being jabbed in my throat every time I swallowed, I do a similar thing and it usually alleviates the pain a bit.

8 hours ago, A Budgie said:

*hugs @Darkness Ascendant*
That sounds rough. The story was...strange, but interesting. As for getting 75% THAT IS FINE YOU POTATO
I myself always do similar, and then tell myself actually that's good...I've gotten dissapointed at 80-90% scores.

*hugs back Thanks

75% isn't fine to my parents however -. - . Yeah it was a strange day, everything made me depressed XD.

Don't you just love taking your car in for an oil change/inspection….and leave knowing exactly where your (rather sizable) tax refund is going? :( 

On top of being expensive work, it's also going to be time-consuming work. The goal is to have it finished by 5 today. Meaning that the meeting I'd tentatively scheduled to switch insurance providers (because my current provider keeps raising my rates at renewal, despite my never making a single claim—their excuse last time was that the cost of insuring Louisiana drivers had increased, meaning those costs had to be passed onto me) so that'll have to wait, and the agent will probably think I'm a total flake. Not to mention that this sets my savings goal back quite a bit. It's payday, so the blow is softened, but not by much.

And, on top of that, I won't be able to get groceries today. Or take Bruce to Petsmart. This will not make him happy, and I think he can sense that I'm stressed, which makes him stressed. Gah. I'm so high-strung I even stress my dog out. 

23 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Don't you just love taking your car in for an oil change/inspection….and leave knowing exactly where your (rather sizable) tax refund is going? :( 

On top of being expensive work, it's also going to be time-consuming work. The goal is to have it finished by 5 today. Meaning that the meeting I'd tentatively scheduled to switch insurance providers (because my current provider keeps raising my rates at renewal, despite my never making a single claim—their excuse last time was that the cost of insuring Louisiana drivers had increased, meaning those costs had to be passed onto me) so that'll have to wait, and the agent will probably think I'm a total flake. Not to mention that this sets my savings goal back quite a bit. It's payday, so the blow is softened, but not by much.

And, on top of that, I won't be able to get groceries today. Or take Bruce to Petsmart. This will not make him happy, and I think he can sense that I'm stressed, which makes him stressed. Gah. I'm so high-strung I even stress my dog out. 

*hugs*

Remember to breathe.