Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

49 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Had elastic bands (for braces) put in yesterday, and they hurt all day today...also I had both a science and Italian test this morning, one after the other.

Gyagh. I had to endure that once... I ended up swallowing one of mine.

55 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Gyagh. I had to endure that once... I ended up swallowing one of mine.

Haven't eaten any yet, but I know it takes like 100 before you actually suffer any ill effects.
I did have to wear some last year, after I first got my braces, but that was only for six hours a day, wheras this is full-time.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:10 PM, Erunion said:

@Slowswift - does it hurt? Does it feel significatly uncomfortable? 

Otherwise, don't worry, it's completely normal. My everything does the snap crackle pop from time to time, and has since when I was younger than you. You should hear when I intentionally crack my joints. (Most cracking is the harmless bursting of nitrogen bubbles, and is nothing to worry about). 

On 2/19/2017 at 9:54 AM, Kaymyth said:

Well, just like @Erunion said, it depends.  Is there pain involved?  If yes, then go see a doctor.  If no, then you're probably OK.  If there's sometimes pain and sometimes buckling of knees or rolling of ankles, then I'm terribly sorry that you have my joints.

I don't know about significantly uncomfortable. It's just annoying when trying to kneel or go down the stairs, but it only really hurts when I try to squat or kneel for a long time. Basically, putting pressure on the knees is a no. It's not affecting my life in a bad way right now, so I think I can put off a doctor's visit.

I'm probably gonna be getting a full exam sometime soon as a prerequisite for a religious mission, so the doc can check it out then. I also need to get my wisdom teeth out, probably my tonsils as well.

Which would totally be fine except for the fact that I have a phobia of medical procedures. <_< 

47 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

After two months of trying to gain weight….I think I may have lost some instead. 

When I move my shoulders back, I can see my ribs. They look like the wifi signal. 

WEIGHT! WHY CAN I NOT GAIN YOU??? 

...woah, that sounds bad...

42 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

After two months of trying to gain weight….I think I may have lost some instead. 

When I move my shoulders back, I can see my ribs. They look like the wifi signal. 

WEIGHT! WHY CAN I NOT GAIN YOU??? 

Because you don't eat nearly enough ice cream!

Appearance aside, if you have significant weight loss, see a doctor. It's most likely just the life change, but better safe than a spectral entity doomed to help the elderly with print jobs for all of eternity.

Now, what do I mean by "significant"? I'll flake out on that and leave it up to you!

40 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

I don't know about significantly uncomfortable. It's just annoying when trying to kneel or go down the stairs, but it only really hurts when I try to squat or kneel for a long time. Basically, putting pressure on the knees is a no. It's not affecting my life in a bad way right now, so I think I can put off a doctor's visit.

I'm probably gonna be getting a full exam sometime soon as a prerequisite for a religious mission, so the doc can check it out then. I also need to get my wisdom teeth out, probably my tonsils as well.

Which would totally be fine except for the fact that I have a phobia of medical procedures. <_< 

Well, don't get your tonsils out unless you need to. They're a useful part of your immune system. 

But the knees are probably a nothing thing. Work through them if possible. If it causes pain or limits mobility, then see a doctor ASAP. If not, then chat with your doc on your checkup :) 

23 hours ago, Erunion said:

Well, don't get your tonsils out unless you need to. They're a useful part of your immune system. 

But the knees are probably a nothing thing. Work through them if possible. If it causes pain or limits mobility, then see a doctor ASAP. If not, then chat with your doc on your checkup :) 

Yeah, that sounds like the best course of action. Thanks. :) 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles - with respect to weight gain, I'm in something of the same boat - trying to gain and wound up losing. 
Still, it's important to remember: calories in - calories out = weight change. You want to gain weight? Track your calories. Consume more than you're expending. Want to lose weight? Track your calories. Consume less than you're expending. It's pretty simple (if annoying to actually do). 

On 2/21/2017 at 9:58 PM, Mestiv said:

I think is totally normal and healthy to be able to see your ribs in some areas of your chest. What's your BMI? 

I'll need to find that out. I don't own a scale, and that's half of the measurements. :P 

52 minutes ago, Erunion said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles - with respect to weight gain, I'm in something of the same boat - trying to gain and wound up losing. 
Still, it's important to remember: calories in - calories out = weight change. You want to gain weight? Track your calories. Consume more than you're expending. Want to lose weight? Track your calories. Consume less than you're expending. It's pretty simple (if annoying to actually do). 

Yeah, and it doesn't help that buying snack foods just feels like a waste of money, and I don't keep a lot of good things to make into snacks on hand. My fault, I know, but it's a problem I never realize until I'm thinking "Oh, that sounds good, too bad I didn't buy it this time."

12 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

f922e14139621aca781b2e452d3254145a19d4d3

Great. One more thing to worry about. <_<:P

7 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles Having suffered from internal parasites on multiple occasions: you'd know.:blink:

Also, life hack: anti parasite medicine goes down better with a spoonful of peanut butter. I hope that tidbit makes it in the next Mary Poppins movie!

Well, that's....comforting, in a way. :mellow: (Also, yikes. I'm sorry. :blink:)

Peanut butter improves almost everything. 

I just got home from the worst school-day I've had in a long time. I went to seminary yesterday and a subject that reminded me of some bad memories came up. I felt like I was broken all day, a hole or something in my chest; moments from vomiting. Then I went through three bearing-checks in a row in AFJROTC, and only won because I focused on those same memories. I feel like crem, I want to cry, my body doesn't allow me to cry, and I still feel nauseous. And now I feel upset because I'm asking for help instead of trying to help someone else. Any advice? 

6 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I just got home from the worst school-day I've had in a long time. I went to seminary yesterday and a subject that reminded me of some bad memories came up. I felt like I was broken all day, a hole or something in my chest; moments from vomiting. Then I went through three bearing-checks in a row in AFJROTC, and only won because I focused on those same memories. I feel like crem, I want to cry, my body doesn't allow me to cry, and I still feel nauseous. And now I feel upset because I'm asking for help instead of trying to help someone else. Any advice? 

Get a hug.

6 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

And now I feel upset because I'm asking for help instead of trying to help someone else. Any advice? 

There's nothing wrong with asking for help on occasion, we all need support some time in our lives.

I like to look back on my accomplishments and sort of think "I did this". But what Budgie says works too

*hugs*

6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

This is more or less what happened to me today, except with cheese pizza: 

Reveal hidden contents

426e03ccda1ee9c5a6a0b786d33a1a82.jpg

And replace "childhood" with "eight months ago, give or take." <_< 

Do you have problems with other lactose products?

1 minute ago, Erunion said:

Do you have problems with other lactose products?

Some, yes. I've cut out most dairy products (switched to soy milk for both drinking and cooking, get a vegan butter substitute, etc.) but my stomach doesn't light itself on fire at the sign of any dairy product (I can handle some cheeses fine, and I even ate cream cheese on a bagel while in Spokane with my family). And I've handled cheese pizza just fine before, so…..I don't know. -_-