What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, A Budgie said:

I'm currently watching The Librarians. Quite a fun series.

I want to watch this just because it's got one of the guys from Leverage in it, but alas, Netflix doesn't have it.

I'm on Cheers season 10. Help. I've almost finished it. I don't know what I'll do when I finish it. It'll be like Norm without his stool at the bar, or Cliff without encyclopedias and trivia books. :(

20 hours ago, Left said:

I want to watch this just because it's got one of the guys from Leverage in it, but alas, Netflix doesn't have it.

It's quite fun. I would recommend it just on that basis, because I tend to like anything that can make me laugh to a certain extent.

I'm watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It's kind of crazy, but it's an amazing cartoon, similar to Steven Universe or Gravity Falls. I'm almost done with the second season, and I can't wait for the third season coming out over the summer.

Edited by StrikerEZ

On 27/3/2017 at 1:36 PM, StrikerEZ said:

I'm watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It's kind of crazy, but it's an amazing cartoon, similar to Steven Universe or Gravity Falls. I'm almost done with the second season, and I can't wait for the third season coming out over the summer.

I finished the second season last week and didn't know that third season was coming out in summer, that is pretty soon.

I am watching Scorpion, this third season seems really interesting.

We just finished watching The Crown.  It.Was.So.Good.  I hope they do a second season...I should check into that.

Other than that, watching the X-Files and in season three.  There is no way I'm getting through it before it's taken off Netflix, though. So sad. :(

On 3/28/2017 at 4:05 PM, Idealistic Mistborn said:

I finished the second season last week and didn't know that third season was coming out in summer, that is pretty soon.

That's when my brother said it was coming out, but I'll check to make sure.

Yup, it's summer this year. It doesn't specify when in the summer, but I'd assume late June/early July probably.

Well, I'm kind of out of things to watch right now. I finished Agents of SHIELD, The Flash, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, and pretty much everything else on the planet. My annual binge on Doctor Who isn't for another month, so I'm now spending time obsessing over when new series will come out. 

So I'm on episode four of Into the Badlands, and it's surprisingly good. It is violent, but not much more than Revolution or Lord of the Rings were. I was very hesitant about starting the show because I figured there would be tons of sex and/or language, but it's actually very very reasonable. It's not even a hard pg 13 for sex/language.

I'm obviously still watching Flash and Arrow, I'll have my reviews up for this week's episodes on the Arrowverse thread in a couple hours.

It was too hot to sleep last night, so I stayed up and started a Turkish historical drama called Dirilus Ertugrul. Basically, it's about the founding of the Ottoman Empire. I wasn't expecting much, but the pilot was pretty good. The action was fairly impressive, and since the show is Turkish and more culturally conservative, there wasn't and probably won't be much sex or language. That being said, the translation seems imperfect and confusing at times.

Frasier is my go to for my light comedy at the moment.

So I finished the first season of Into the Badlands. Braize, that was awesome. The plot isn't neccesarily original, nor the characters, but the world is and I think that the plot has been very well written and thought out so far with pacing that is very on point. The acting has been teen actor to pretty good, for the most part it's pretty good. I'm really enjoying how right now, there really isn't anything good or innocent in this world, but that the characters are fighting so hard to change that. It's a bit like Mistborn really, a world broken with most of humanity enslaved, but a few people trying to be different. Plus kun fu. 

I've downloaded the amc app and am planning on starting season two tonight or tomorrow. 

I watched the pilot for The 100 Saturday cause I was bored. Meh, it could be good I suppose, but I'm not too hopeful. I'm going to wait to give it more of my time till I've finished ITB. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Briar King said:

Trying to get through Twin Peaks. On S2 ep6 now.i have a lot to watch for sure before I can catch up with the Return.

My parents are watching some of the old episodes and from waht I've caught... how much is Gravity Falls like Twin Peaks? Weirdness definitely checks out :mellow:

Welp...I managed to binge a season and a half of That 70's Show since Wednesday. It kicks the crap out of Frasier. The show is gold. It walked on soooo many fine threads between cliche blegh and too awkward to be funny, and it's managed to nail it every time so far. Considering the challenges of having really a very large cast, just 24 minute episodes, and being a comedy, it's managed to build extremely strong and reletable characters. I think what's even more impressive is that it created such good characters in two generations. Red and Kitty in no way play second fiddle to Eric and pals. There's soooo many things about the show that I could rave about, it's really kinda crazy.