What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

On April 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, The Crooked Warden said:

I'm on the third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender  :D

From now on I hope all of you realize I'm going to endeavor to reference Avatar whenever possible. 

On April 27, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Sunbird said:

Yassssss. One of my favorite shows! And I think Book 3 is the best.

This show is awesome  :D I love it

Did anyone watch/is watching Daredevil here? 

1 hour ago, Daniyah said:

Did anyone watch/is watching Daredevil here? 

I'm planning on waiting for the Defenders mini to start production, then binge watch everything.

I'm currently watching Supergirl though. I recorded it during its run, so finally getting down to watching it. 

Edited by Quiver

I started watching Fringe yesterday. To be honest I don't know why I am even watching it. The show gives so many false biological information (I'm not talking about sci-fi stuff, because sci-fi stuuf is obviously sci-fi) that I think I only watch it to find as many of them as I can. Unfortunately Biological studies destroyed the possibility of me enjoying this show properly. Oh well.

I'm going through all the episodes of Castle for the first time (currently on season 7). Its a fun show, but its certainly not reinventing the wheel or amything. I've been mixing it with rewatching Fringe, which is one of my all time favorite shows.

@Ammanas My aunt and uncle introduced me to Castle and I quite like it mostly because Nathan Fillion is hilarious. Have you caught any of the references to Firefly? I remember at least 2, plus someone said there's a model of the ship Serenity in Castle's office.

I'm like a season behind right now though.

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

@Ammanas My aunt and uncle introduced me to Castle and I quite like it mostly because Nathan Fillion is hilarious. Have you caught any of the references to Firefly? I remember at least 2, plus someone said there's a model of the ship Serenity in Castle's office.

I'm like a season behind right now though.

It was early on, but my favorite (well, second, behind him actually dressing up as Mal), was the Hands of Blue reference.  It's subtle, but the first time he ever wears blue latex gloves in the series, he holds up two fingers on one hand, then the other, looking back and forth between them.  It's a reference to the "Two by two, hands of blue" line that River says about them in Firefly. :-)

jW

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

It was early on, but my favorite (well, second, behind him actually dressing up as Mal), was the Hands of Blue reference.  It's subtle, but the first time he ever wears blue latex gloves in the series, he holds up two fingers on one hand, then the other, looking back and forth between them.  It's a reference to the "Two by two, hands of blue" line that River says about them in Firefly. :-)

jW

I missed the Hands of Blue one because...well...I haven't actually watched Firefly. *hangs head in shame* So I only got the more obvious references. The ones I caught were 1) in the Halloween episode where Castle's costume was a "space cowboy", 2) Castle speaks Chinese competently to some workers in a Chinese restaurant and says he learned it from a TV show when asked, and 3) in the episode where the murder takes place at a scifi convention, Castle says he loved "that Joss Whedon thing."

@Sunbird, there's more too. There's an episode with a fake TV show involved, and in addition to some distinct similarities (albeit with huge differences too), Castle says something along the lines of, "The best TV show ever created. So, of course, cancelled." I believe he called something shiny at least once (that happened on Chuck, too, in reference to John Casey's car), and I think there were some other references when Adam Baldwin was on Castle too.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

Just finished watching The Shannara Chronicles. It reminded me of Legend of the Seeker, but the acting wasn't as good. (Those of you who saw Legend of the Seeker will know why that's worse than it sounds.) Still, interesting enough for me to finish the season, and it did give an interesting perspective on Terry Brooks' future fantasy setting, which is very unique.

jW

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got back from the cinema where I watched the newest Ice Age. The movie was fun and it was surprisingly good for a fifth movie in a franchise. The biggest problem of the Ice Age series is constantly growing amount of characters. We stated with 3 main characters, now we have a team of 11 I guess. Anyway, the best part of the movie was as usual Scrat and Sid's grandma :D I can recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the previous movies :)

I'm kinda in and out of the Olympics.  I just watched Germany take home the gold in rapid fire pistol shots, and France take home the silver.  I didn't see where the US was eliminated, but I'm kinda glad they were.  God forbid, the US get a gold in an event that involves guns.  The internet would think less of us.  That said, I'm glad Germany was the one to bring home the gold in that event.  That guy from France had a top notch form too.

I also just saw suicide squad.  I liked that movie, but there were some plot holes.  How Harvey was able to fight so well, given how she was a psychiatrist in her past life, being the biggest.  But I did like how the actress portrayed Harvey, I do think she was spot on.  I didn't like the joker though, at least what little there was of him.  It didn't feel like the Joker from the shows/movies/comics.  He was way too obsessed with Harvey, when shes just been a tool to him in the past.  And he seemed too much of a gangster, not much of a batman villain.  More Lex Luthor, less Joker, imho.  I would like to see more joker in the future, expand on his character in these movies.

• 2 weeks later...