What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

8 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Lol, no, I just thought of Vogue right away. 

It might be better to think The Girlie Show than Vogue, but if you go beyond her stuff it's a soft core version of 50 Shades but without the abusive relationship and actual acting.

19 hours ago, Zea mays said:

Season 6 of Voltron. This show just keeps getting better. 

My kids binge watched the whole season yesterday. Not sure what was going on but it seemed like they liked it judging by the whoops and shouts coming from the living room!

I have really loved Timeless and I'm gutted that Season 2 isn't on UK Netflix but I've been enjoying the original Spanish version, El Ministerio del Tiempo.

Just saw Incredibles 2 with the family. I was pretty good, but I saw some flaws that bothered me. There were some elements of the plot they wanted to develop, but I thought was overdone and made the movie feel long (never a good sign when I keep checking the time). For better, or worse, it did capture the zeitgeist of 21st century America. I thought there were some agendas being pushed in the film I personally didn't agree with, buy heh life is about learning to live with and recognize the right of others to live and behave differently. 

I thought Edna was really great in the movie and stole the show whenever she appeared. I personally thought the first movie was, by far, the superior. The short at the beginning was beautiful and poignant (though it ended on a happy note) and was the highlight of the experience for me.

Edited by Ammanas

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again today. It was good and the new songs they did were really good like Knowing Me Knowing You, When I Kissed the Teacher and Fernando but they did include songs from the first film like Dancing Queen, Waterloo and Mamma Mia.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, Wander89 said:

Watching Castle Rock, a horror TV series based on characters and settings by Stephen King. I highly recommend it as it a thrilling watch and will have you peeking from behind the couch!

Loving Castle Rock so far! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first two seasons of Detectorists on Netflix recently. Really great, a sitcom that is actually clever and funny, with engaging characters and proper stories is something that is pretty rare nowadays. Would highly recommend to anyone else who is looking for a low-octane, relaxing show. Can't wait for season 3 to get to Netflix.

Watched the 25th anniversary episode of Power Rangers. The one thing I can say is "Yikes that was rushed to heck!" They took what could've been an hour long episode and crammed it into 20 minutes after commercials. Everything comes so fast the actors barely have time to say their lines, especially with the veterans. For comparison it would be like cramming all of the Mistborn Era 1 trilogy into one book the size of Secret History, that's how rushed it was. Hopefully Hasbro does better with the 30th anniversary than Saban did with the 20th and 25th.

• 2 weeks later...