What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

1 hour ago, StormingTexan said:

I've been curious what the movie will be like because it seems like a really hard adaptation. So much of the book is internal dialogue and I would think the lack of resolution would drive movie goers crazy.

To give you an idea, we could talk openly about the book and would only spoil one minor plot point. 

The movie itself is pretty much self contained and has a resolution. 

6 minutes ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

To give you an idea, we could talk openly about the book and would only spoil one minor plot point. 

The movie itself is pretty much self contained and has a resolution. 

That was kind of what I expected with the previews. I'll watch it though I mean Natalie Portman is in it. 

• 1 month later...

I just watched Digimon Adventure tri. Loss and I can't believe it ended on a big cliffhanger! Coexistence (symbiosis in Japan) can't come fast enough!

Edit: Watched something else and I'm split on what to say on what film I watched. It was Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie but it's also This Island Earth since that's the film being riffed. Would I say I watched two things at once or just that I was watching MST3K?

Edited by Draginon

Watching S1 Ep 8 of Santa Clarita Diet. I’ve heard some bad things about this show like it’s the worst thing ever done on the actors resume but I don’t agree at all. This show is freaking hilarious! I’m actually hurting myself laughing so hard at some of this stuff.

Just finished watching 'Troy: Fall of a City' today.  It was alright.  Follows the myth pretty close with a few little tweaks here and there, but it's not going to surprise you in any way.  Wonder if they're going to do 'The Odyssey' next.

18 hours ago, Wolven said:

Just finished watching 'Troy: Fall of a City' today.  It was alright.  Follows the myth pretty close with a few little tweaks here and there, but it's not going to surprise you in any way.  Wonder if they're going to do 'The Odyssey' next.

Watched to halfway in Ep 4 so far. Not stellar tv but some neat bits thrown in with the gods. A mix of the movie and Clash of the Titans.

ep 2 was really good and made me want to reread Dan Simmons 1st Troy book.

• 1 month later...

Checked out "The Raven" (from 2012, starring John Cusack) from the library and watched it tonight.

It's pretty different from the kind of movies I usually watch, but I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the violence was a bit too much for me (it's rated R for gore), but that's not terribly surprising since it's about a serial killer reenacting murders from Edgar Allan Poe's stories. Overall a very good movie, and with a great musical score to boot.