What Are You Watching?

Silverblade5

A upvote for the first one who can tell me what I am watching based on this clue:

There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me. She looked at me and made a threatening gesture, now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me. The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went. Then the merchant went down to the marketplace and he saw me standing in the crowd and he came to me and said, why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning? That was not a threatening gesture, I said, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.

1 hour ago, AngelEy3 said:

@Briar King that's awesome! It's my 2nd favorite show that's currently airing. 

It really is quite the unexpected treat. I’m super mad at the campaign that went on focusing on the comedy of the pilot. Many people still haven’t bothered to try this because of that. It is way beyond what they pushed this as as a space comedy. This show is handling things that Prime Trek just couldn’t cover in 80’s-00’s.

4 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Yes! It is such a haunting story. It has stuck with me all day.

I've seen part of it once at a community dinner theatre production. They did it as a short scene change at the end of Death of a Salesman. 

2 minutes ago, Briar King said:

It really is quite the unexpected treat. I’m super mad at the campaign that went on focusing on the comedy of the pilot. Many people still haven’t bothered to try this because of that. It is way beyond what they pushed this as as a space comedy. This show is handling things that Prime Trek just couldn’t cover in 80’s-00’s.

I agree 100% I've been trying to push it on my younger brothers and they can't get past it "not being very funny." 

I also got the youngest one (23) to check out Battlestar Galactica with my Hulu sub... Noticed the first episode on my "resume" list so I checked it out. He made it 00:08:30 into the first episode before giving up. Kids these days... We have the same parents and 80% of the same school teachers, but they are like from a different generation somehow. 

So I started watching Elementary. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but I am starting to think I definitely watch to many similar shows. I just keep guessing the identities of murderers. Obviously not every episode, but enough for me to notice a sort of patent. Oh well. xD

Just got done watching Thor Ragnarok. I had a absolute blast watching it! I usually get bored with super hero movies because we all know the good guys will win and the movie usually follows a predictable plot and has a lot of explosions. There were so many twists and turns and really funny moments. I will certainly be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

10 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Just got done watching Thor Ragnarok. I had a absolute blast watching it! I usually get bored with super hero movies because we all know the good guys will win and the movie usually follows a predictable plot and has a lot of explosions. There were so many twists and turns and really funny moments. I will certainly be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

I watched it yesterday too. I absolutely loved it! Best superhero movie I've seen in a very long time. The humour was just so perfect and self deprecating! Can't wait for the next Thor movie, and I hope it lives up to the lofty standards that this one has set.

Edited by PlanetReelo

I hate to break all the boundaries here but I'm watching Shokugeki no Soma: San no Sara, Fate:Apocrypha, and Code Geass.

It's kinda a hobby for me to burst into discussions about western TV series and bomb the participants with a really nerdy anime or manga reference (not that I have anything against Western TV shows).

• 2 weeks later...

Fate/Apocrypha is baaaad. There are so many better shows this season. And yes, I know it cuz I am also watching it, cuz I am anime addict recently. xD

Also I just watched Valerian and city of thousand planets. Such a terrible disappointment.  Really badly written sci-fi. Nice visuals though. 

Just got done watching Coco at the movie theater. I ended up really enjoying it, but for the first half of the movie, or so, the main character really annoyed me. I thought that it was promoting a message I couldn't disagree more with, but at the end the character realizes his mistakes, that he was wrong, and really changes. It ended up being a touching movie with a lot of heart and I enjoyed its message.

I would not recommend taking kids below the age of 8 because there were some parts really little kids would find scary (not normally something you need to worry about with Disney/Pixar).

I thought the Disney "short" was good, but it was almost 30 minutes. It was almost like watching two movies!

Edited by Ammanas

On 19/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, NamelessThirteenth said:

Fate:Apocrypha

Really? I mean it is slower and less eventful and more lackluster and stranger and more confusing and has almost no characters with anything special, but its got to have some positives...

Nah not really, I take that back. Except for maybe Amakusa Shirou

Any reccomendations?

Just finished the Godless miniseries on Netflix. 8/10. Jeff Daniels plays an awesome villain, and it's not like the typical old western story. Highly recommend it. 

Speaking of Jeff Daniels, I just started Newsroom. Kinda an oldie, but so far it's terrific. Aaron Sorkin is a genius.