Epic fanfic

Stormgate

Major Firefight spoilers

Mark walked down the street. He was worried, but that was normal. He clutched his briefcase tightly, completely concerned with how to deal with his problems. Emily had gone missing, and had only left a note saying "Joined the Reckoners. I'm sorry."

Suddenly, his view was drawn towards Calamity. It seemed all of the sudden to be incredibly close, and he could almost make out a figure. He felt incredible power, and a small, nearly inaudible voice told him to take it. He did wholeheartedly. Everything went black.

--Six months later--

Mindstorm sat in his office, fiddling with a pencil. It wasn't out of nervousness as it was something to do.

Suddenly, a man came running in. He looked at Mindstorm with his own face, and Mindstorm could read the determination. Mindstorm held out his hand, and the man collapsed into nothingness.

Instantly, his head was filled with memories of a message from an Epic called Mimic. He wanted control over The Capital (I'm open to suggestions on the name) and wanted to meet him next to the old Washington Memorial.

Mindstorm smiled. He would have fun with this. A thought came to him that he really should look into Mimic, but he squelched it.

Mindstorm waited, looking down from the enormous obelisk, anticipating a fight.

"So glad you could make it," a voice said from behind, "I do hate making appointments unconfirmed."

Mindstorm lifted himself off the monument, and floated down to the ground.

"Would you like this the easy way, or the fun way?" Mindstorm asked.

"I would ask the same thing to you, Mr. West" Mimic stood alone, a simple bowler hat and suit as his costume.

"I believe we both know that I go by a different name now" Mindstorm was slightly unsettled by the Epic's knowledge of his identity.

"Let us get on with it." Mimic lifted up, much the same way Mindstorm flew. Mindstorm lifted up his hand, channeling electrons from the ground, storing them in his hand. He shot them towards Mimic, who accepted the blast. Mimic remained standing, though his costume was in tatters.

"Let's end this charade" Mimic flew towards Mindstorm, and touched him. Immediately, all the copies of Mindstorm disintegrated, including the one fighting Mimic.

Back in his office, Mindstorm tried to summon a bit of lightning, but to no avail.

So, what do people think? The basic premise was that a lot of Reckoners fanfics I saw on here were from the point of view of the Reckoners. So, I decided to do one from the POV of an Epic. BTW, Mindstorm is an electron manipulator, able of draining the electrons from anything. He can also duplicate himself, and personal telekinesis (he flies). Mimic has two basic powers. Making Epics powerless for a small time period (about a day) and imitating any Epic powers observed. I'm still working on Mimic's weakness, though I have an idea.

Major Firefight spoilers

Mark walked down the street. He was worried, but that was normal. He clutched his briefcase tightly, completely concerned with how to deal with his problems. Emily had gone missing, and had only left a note saying "Joined the Reckoners. I'm sorry."

Suddenly, his view was drawn towards Calamity. It seemed all of the sudden to be incredibly close, and he could almost make out a figure. He felt incredible power, and a small, nearly inaudible voice told him to take it. He did wholeheartedly. Everything went black.

--Six months later--

Mindstorm sat in his office, fiddling with a pencil. It wasn't out of nervousness as it was something to do.

Suddenly, a man came running in. He looked at Mindstorm with his own face, and Mindstorm could read the determination. Mindstorm held out his hand, and the man collapsed into nothingness.

Instantly, his head was filled with memories of a message from an Epic called Mimic. He wanted control over The Capital (I'm open to suggestions on the name) and wanted to meet him next to the old Washington Memorial.

Mindstorm smiled. He would have fun with this. A thought came to him that he really should look into Mimic, but he squelched it.

Mindstorm waited, looking down from the enormous obelisk, anticipating a fight.

"So glad you could make it," a voice said from behind, "I do hate making appointments unconfirmed."

Mindstorm lifted himself off the monument, and floated down to the ground.

"Would you like this the easy way, or the fun way?" Mindstorm asked.

"I would ask the same thing to you, Mr. West" Mimic stood alone, a simple bowler hat and suit as his costume.

"I believe we both know that I go by a different name now" Mindstorm was slightly unsettled by the Epic's knowledge of his identity.

"Let us get on with it." Mimic lifted up, much the same way Mindstorm flew. Mindstorm lifted up his hand, channeling electrons from the ground, storing them in his hand. He shot them towards Mimic, who accepted the blast. Mimic remained standing, though his costume was in tatters.

"Let's end this charade" Mimic flew towards Mindstorm, and touched him. Immediately, all the copies of Mindstorm disintegrated, including the one fighting Mimic.

Back in his office, Mindstorm tried to summon a bit of lightning, but to no avail.

So, what do people think? The basic premise was that a lot of Reckoners fanfics I saw on here were from the point of view of the Reckoners. So, I decided to do one from the POV of an Epic. BTW, Mindstorm is an electron manipulator, able of draining the electrons from anything. He can also duplicate himself, and personal telekinesis (he flies). Mimic has two basic powers. Making Epics powerless for a small time period (about a day) and imitating any Epic powers observed. I'm still working on Mimic's weakness, though I have an idea.

The Reckoners RPG could use you.

• 6 months later...