Argent

State of Sanderson 2015

74 posts in this topic

Squee! My highlights:

White Sand sample pages! Secret novella coming soon! Cosmere short fiction with star chart of the Cosmere!

Pretty giddy right now!

Edited by Jeremy

So, we're not going to find out who Hoid is until all ten books are done? *Sigh* Excuse me, I need to go burn a lot of cadmium.

More on this as it develops. Right now I’m toying with the title Arcanum Unbound, and would love to include a star chart of all the cosmere worlds in it.

How are we not freaking about a Cosmere star chart?! Why are we not freaking out about it?! I am freaking out so hard right now, I may have displaced my fecal matter.

I'm freaking out about it, Argent! It's going to be super cool to actually see where everything is in relation to everything else.

I'm freaking out about it, Argent! It's going to be super cool to actually see where everything is in relation to everything else.

Not to mention the theory fuel this will offer...

And determine how likely it is that Scadrians will encounter other Shardworlds when they discover FTL travel.

Eh. Once you have FTL, intragalactic distances are probably not a big deal anyway.

I'm just really, really disappointed to hear about the Nightblood hiatus. :(

Pretty much fits in with my current timeline. Hoping to get Elantris sooner, but I always knew that Wax and Wayne were going to get priority. And that is fine...no, I'm not sobbing! You're sobbing!

Weird how that White Sand preview feels like a Sanderson book, even thought it's in a completely different format.

I'm just really, really disappointed to hear about the Nightblood hiatus. :(

As Far as I remember the Elantris Sequel is needed to the Cosmere's continuity therefore Nightblood has to wait :S

How are we not freaking about a Cosmere star chart?! Why are we not freaking out about it?! I am freaking out so hard right now, I may have displaced my fecal matter.

This was the first SoS I didn't freak out about (except general relief about how good White Sand looks) because my latest theory is that every time Brandon mentions a book, the release date slips a season. I think I'd rather not know about his future plans anymore.

Regarding White Sand, I must say I'm not grooving the random bolding, though I'm given to understand it's a "thing" with graphic novels.

Regarding White Sand, I must say I'm not grooving the random bolding, though I'm given to understand it's a "thing" with graphic novels.

It doesn't seem random, though, it seems to be drawing attention to it...might also affect how you read it in your head, too... I dunno.

I'm hoping the Elantris sequel will include some modifiers, maybe some Aon equations. And a complete list of what the Aons do would be awesome, but the only way I see us getting that is with a lot of WoBs.

Its also possible that some of the Aon effects could be left for crossover books.

My spren have their...umm...we're going to call them 'fingers' crossed.

All right, what do you think is the secret project he talked about working on this fall?

Cause I think he is writing a test of Dragonsteel.

I like how he has his entire writings planned out until 2022

Did anybody else think that the guy in White Sand was wearing an Elvis Jumpsuit?

I like how he has his entire writings planned out until 2022

Keep in mind, that's only 7 years away. Dates these days just sound like they're straight outta sci-fi.

I wonder if they'll include planets in this star chart. It would be great to know the names and locations of all the Shardworlds that don't have published books yet (e.g. Vax).

Edited by skaa