I haven't seen any particular place to chuck the Personalised Pages of books, but I have seen individuals requesting photos of the actual writing.
The actual question was chosen due to it linking in with my username, so it makes for a good first post after almost a year of lurking here.

So, to skip a few steps, here it is.

"If an Elantrian drew Aon Kii, what effect would it have?"
"In the presence of Aon Kii, the guilty feel pain."

IMAG0973_zpszmgxb6pe.jpg

Speaking of dark, I suddenly thought of an Arelish prison complex built in the shape of Aon Kii. *shudder*

Unless it's purely simbolic that's a horrible idea. I can understand if it's only the interogation room but the entire prison is gonna cause the prisoners to constantly moan in pain.

Unless it's purely simbolic that's a horrible idea. I can understand if it's only the interogation room but the entire prison is gonna cause the prisoners to constantly moan in pain.

I know. It was just a scary thought I had upon reading the OP.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought an Aon could do that...

So, what exactly does it mean to be Guilty? Does that mean if you think you're guilty you feel pain. Or because the Cognitive also depends on other's perceptions of you, if everyone else thinks you're guilty? So what if you're not actually guilty but everyone thinks you are?

This Aon could cause so many problems...

I was wondering about that, and I don't think external perception will have any magical* effect. The way Brandon phrased it suggests that you have to "[be] guilty" to "feel pain". I can see other interpretations, but they don't sound good to me. 

* By which I mean that it will have an effect, but the mundane one - what others think of you influences what you think of yourself. In a non-magical way, it's true on Earth too.

I recognize where the people who call the Aon Kii prison inhumane, but it would be better in the long run. We learn from Stormlight Archive that even the most honorable people, if subjected to pain on a regular basis, stop doing the stuff that makes them go there. It should of course be only used on repeat offenders, and not for the most serious crimes (I support the death penalty for such crimes as those by Raoden's... I'm not going to call him father. Male parental unit. That will work until I come up with something more befitting a man of Iadon's position. That of a terrible King and repeat murderer without cause. Come to think of it, the fact Raoden is a good person at all is remarkable, given his father was terrible and his mother was--Holes reference--a flowerpot.) ADD moment over, Prison Kii should be viewed as a last resort measure for criminals. The basic concept of punishment is to dissuade further criminal activity (with the exception of the death penalty, which is to remove dangerous individuals from society). So while Arelon should and probably does have more standard prisons, their version of Alcatraz (the island, focus now) should be Aon Kii with Forcefield Aon (I don't know which one) outer walls.

I recognize where the people who call the Aon Kii prison inhumane, but it would be better in the long run. We learn from Stormlight Archive that even the most honorable people, if subjected to pain on a regular basis, stop doing the stuff that makes them go there. It should of course be only used on repeat offenders, and not for the most serious crimes (I support the death penalty for such crimes as those by Raoden's... I'm not going to call him father. Male parental unit. That will work until I come up with something more befitting a man of Iadon's position. That of a terrible King and repeat murderer without cause. Come to think of it, the fact Raoden is a good person at all is remarkable, given his father was terrible and his mother was--Holes reference--a flowerpot.) ADD moment over, Prison Kii should be viewed as a last resort measure for criminals. The basic concept of punishment is to dissuade further criminal activity (with the exception of the death penalty, which is to remove dangerous individuals from society). So while Arelon should and probably does have more standard prisons, their version of Alcatraz (the island, focus now) should be Aon Kii with Forcefield Aon (I don't know which one) outer walls.

The problem of course being that people who care not for the law would be unaffected by the prison.  Think of an Epic's mindset.  They do anything and everything with nothing more than a passing regard for those they consider beneath them, at best.  If Kii works off of emotional guilt (which I believe is the consensus), then those people would be unaffected, while criminals such as Wayne (whose remorse drives deep cracks into their psyche) would receive the full blast.  

When I read it, I interpreted it as people feeling remorse for the bad things they've done. If that was what it meant, it would be a wonderful way to keep people from repeating crimes, because they'd feel too much remorse for their previous crimes to want to do them again.

Of course, if it's literal pain, it wouldn't work nearly as well.

What if Arelish courthouses had Aon Kii inscribed everywhere and that was their method of determining whether people had committed a crime or not?

and his mother was--Holes reference--a flowerpot

I do feel compelled to point out that Eshen was not Raoden's birth-mother, Iadon only married her when he took the throne.  His birth mother was still around during his childhood (and according to Raoden, Iadon wasn't always like the way he was, he was never a great father but he wasn't always as horrible a father).

The way I interpret this, a Kii prison would be a lot like Azkaban - it doesn't matter what you have or haven't done, it's going to suck.

Cuz' I mean, guilty can be interpreted so many ways. I'm guilty of leaving the toilet seat up on occasion. I'm guilty of speeding. I'm guilty of laziness and procrastination. How much pain does that make me feel? Is it simply based on how much guilt I feel? Because then someone could murder someone, justify it in their mind, feel no guilt, and feel no pain. 

The way I interpret this, a Kii prison would be a lot like Azkaban - it doesn't matter what you have or haven't done, it's going to suck.

Cuz' I mean, guilty can be interpreted so many ways. I'm guilty of leaving the toilet seat up on occasion. I'm guilty of speeding. I'm guilty of laziness and procrastination. How much pain does that make me feel? Is it simply based on how much guilt I feel? Because then someone could murder someone, justify it in their mind, feel no guilt, and feel no pain. 

Might be "guilty" as in "someone who did a bad thing", not necessarily "someone who feels bad about a thing". Because plenty of people found guilty in trials are rusting proud they did it. 

Might be "guilty" as in "someone who did a bad thing", not necessarily "someone who feels bad about a thing". Because plenty of people found guilty in trials are rusting proud they did it.

If Nightblood, created to destroy evil, cannot for the life of him figure out what evil is, I doubt a bunch of mindless investiture flowing through a drawn symbol can determine what is "bad" (man what a vague word) very well without a frame of reference.

If Nightblood, created to destroy evil, cannot for the life of him figure out what evil is, I doubt a bunch of mindless investiture flowing through a drawn symbol can determine what is "bad" (man what a vague word) very well without a frame of reference.

That's a really good point. So by that logic it would almost have to be based on the guilt the person feels.