I can't find the bonus section

Stormgate

I have limited funds, insufficient to buy the tenth anniversary edition of Elantris. I don't really care, except that it contains bonus material that I cannot find even with internet search. Does anybody know anywhere where I can get the bonus content? I would be very greatful for any URLs.

I have limited funds, insufficient to buy the tenth anniversary edition of Elantris. I don't really care, except that it contains bonus material that I cannot find even with internet search. Does anybody know anywhere where I can get the bonus content? I would be very greatful for any URLs.

Here's a summary of the bonus content (not counting typos and continuity errors fixed in the main text, which can be found in my changelog thread):  

We open on Hoid concluding an (inconclusive) experiment on the Shaod, much to the annoyance of the skaze hovering close by.  After philosophizing a bit, Hoid then swan-dives into the Shardpool.  The whole thing really bears a remarkable resemblance to the stinger on an MCU movie.

Much more interesting, IMO, is the tidbits listed in the Ars Arcanum, including the term "Initiation," referring to becoming a practitioner of Investiture (this is a specific reference to the Shaod and becoming an Elantrian, although the term clearly has applications on each world with a magic system), and the name "Vax" mentioned in the same breath as Taldain, which we know to be the world of White Sand.  

Edited by Landis963

Here's a summary of the bonus content (not counting typos and continuity errors fixed in the main text, which can be found in my changelog thread):  

We open on Hoid concluding an (inconclusive) experiment on the Shaod, much to the annoyance of the skaze hovering close by.  After philosophizing a bit, Hoid then swan-dives into the Shardpool.  The whole thing really bears a remarkable resemblance to the stinger on an MCU movie.

Much more interesting, IMO, is the tidbits listed in the Ars Arcanum, including the term "Initiation," referring to becoming a practitioner of Investiture (this is a specific reference to the Shaod and becoming an Elantrian, although the term clearly has applications on each world with a magic system), and the name "Vax" mentioned in the same breath as Taldain, which we know to be the world of White Sand.  

What are the Skaze? What do they look like? What are the details of the experiment that we know of? And is there anything about where the Shardpool went?

I thank you for the information, but I want a lot of it, and sadly will likely not be completely satisfied until I read the scene myself. I have only recently come to this conclusion, but I appreciate your summary.

Take a look at the Coppermind. It might help.

Skaze are described here.

The experiment was presumably:

trying to turn Hoid into an Elantrian, given that he's examining his appearance to see if he's changed.[/spooiler]

There's nothing more about the Shardpool than that he sinks into it and vanishes.

Take a look at the Coppermind. It might help.

Skaze are described here.

The experiment was presumably:

trying to turn Hoid into an Elantrian, given that he's examining his appearance to see if he's changed.[/spooiler]

There's nothing more about the Shardpool than that he sinks into it and vanishes.

I've thought for a while that Hoid's white hair marked him as Elantrian or half-Elantrian, somehow. Did he recognize any change in his hair?

What are the Skaze? What do they look like? What are the details of the experiment that we know of? And is there anything about where the Shardpool went?

I thank you for the information, but I want a lot of it, and sadly will likely not be completely satisfied until I read the scene myself. I have only recently come to this conclusion, but I appreciate your summary.

What Ookla said, plus the fact that Skaze are melon-shaped balls of blackness (much like Seons are melon-shaped balls of light) with symbols around their edges (much like Seons have Aons inside them).  Hoid was doing something with bandages, what it was we don't know, and the scene literally ends with him vanishing into the Shardpool.  

• Chaos locked this topic