How to make a Rithmatist

Stormgate

So, I propose that when people become Rithmatists, the Shadowblaze forms a bond similar to a symbiotic relationship. The human gets the ability to animate chalk drawings, and the Shadowblaze gets someone to help fight the Forgotten. Something similar happens with the Forgotten.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Lord Adonalsium said:

Another way to make a rithmatist; take a spike of metal, kill a rithmatist, then stab yourself with the spike. You become a rithmatist. Boom. Job done.

Even leaving aside the question of whether Hemalurgy would work on a no-longer-Cosmere system and that you'd probably need to be on Scadrial, I'm not sure that a symbiotic form of Investiture can be stolen via Hemalurgy.  Anybody know of WoB's regarding Hemalurgy and the Nahel Bond?

On 5/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, Yitzi2 said:

Even leaving aside the question of whether Hemalurgy would work on a no-longer-Cosmere system and that you'd probably need to be on Scadrial, I'm not sure that a symbiotic form of Investiture can be stolen via Hemalurgy.  Anybody know of WoB's regarding Hemalurgy and the Nahel Bond?

Found some WoBs

Spoiler

DOOMQUILL

Could you use Hemalurgy to steal Surgebinding?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Absolutely, you could steal Surgebinding with Hemalurgy [smiling].

FOOTNOTE

[Note: Not surprising, considering the comment in the Mistborn Ars Arcanum about Hemalurgy being the most interesting to the cosmere]

Spoiler

QUESTION

Would a Hemalurgic spike take surges?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Hemalurgy can interact with every one of the magics. I designed it specifically in writing Mistborn for future use. Because some of the magics are so limited by their planet I wanted one that transcended all of them and Hemalurgy is very important to the entire cosmere Its invention is a thing of great power and great danger to the entire cosmere.