Scrivener's Bones - Chapter 15 - Joke

So I have to put the book down for a while (due to other people requiring me to read fantasy books about dead mothers and fictious persons such as Napoleon), which means I won't be able to read through the book to figure out if Alcatraz reveals his great literary joke.

And it's driving me insane!

I tried searching for an answer, but I couldn't find one, so I'd be most appreciative if anyone could tell me what the joke is (or at least give me a clue), or if there's no joke at all and this is all misdirection meant to annoy me.

It's basically all he mentions in the introduction to chapter 15 of Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones.

Anyone? I'm losing my hair here (totally unrelated, by the way).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

He mentions in the book how authors can fool you and distract you which is part of it.He also talks about how authors can make you feel things. How they can make you frustrated, sad, happy ect. Or make you turn the book sideways and upside down too read it. I think the joke was partially too make you believe that whatever you found wasn't it. Which in and of itself was enlightening. It brought you the wisdom that Alcatraz can make you do what he wants. I think that's it that he can make you do what he wants when your reading. That I believe is hte secret too make you do what he wants.   

• 1 year later...