The Knights Theoretic

I, Thoughtward the Awakened blade, request entry into the Theorybreakers. I was Awakened with the command, "challenge theories". Can I join?

(Stormgate's note: please don't let him. I have enough trouble with Thoughtward challenging me on my theories, I don't need a spren to do it too.

Besides, I hardly ever let him type.)

Edited by Stormgate

I would like to become a theorysmith. Speaking of which, as I just had an idea! What if you the "healer who takes his blood" (death rattle) is Kaladin at the end of book 10? WoB says that the end is in the beginning. Actually, I think I might be a theorydancer.

I, Thoughtward the Awakened blade, request entry into the Theorybreakers. I was Awakened with the command, "challenge theories". Can I join?

(Stormgate's note: please don't let him. I have enough trouble with Thoughtward challenging me on my theories, I don't need a spren to do it too.

Besides, I hardly ever let him type.)

BioChromatic Entity Type IV bonding a Theoryspren?! Knights! To theories!!!

Let's see what happens. Speak the oaths!

I would like to become a theorysmith. Speaking of which, as I just had an idea! What if you the "healer who takes his blood" (death rattle) is Kaladin at the end of book 10? WoB says that the end is in the beginning. Actually, I think I might be a theorydancer.

Well, speak the oaths and you can join. But remember that you have to live by them.

I assume you're speaking of that quote:

“I’m dying, aren’t I? Healer, why do you take my blood? Who is that beside you, with his head of lines? I can see a distant sun, dark and cold, shining in a black sky.”

The general consensus seems to be that the man questions one of the bloodletters at Taravangian's Death Hospital.

Then he sees a Cryptic and then sees into Shadesmar.

The problem is that:

Collected on the 3rd of Jesnan, 1172, 11 seconds pre-death. Subject was a Reshi chull trainer. Sample is of particular note.

It refers to those Death Rattles which occured in Taravangian's Death House.

...Unless you say that what the man said was not in fact that he realized he had his blood let and glimpsed into Shadesmar, but he had a vision (some of them are spoken from perspective of another human) of somebody who Kaladin was killing and that Kaladin's victim glimpsed into Shadesmar?

Now that would be interesting.

Theorydancer, was it?

P.S.
I posted a theory on electrum countering atium, you guys have seen it?

Edited by Oversleep

Facts before guessing

Checking before assuming

Reason before conclusion

What. Have. You. Done.

I'm Bronlen. Spren of the Theorybreakers.

Hey! One spren per poster!

Bonrel, Bronlen, Thoughtward, calm down.

I may have to get a WoB to remove some characters.

Hello! I would like to join, but I know not which order I best fit. I usually support the theory's of others, and participate in the extrapolation of facts and uses of magic systems being applied to other situations. As I have not made an offical theory, (apart from a tiny on about how the Infinity Blade games might be connected to the Cosmere) I'm not sure if I qualify. Any ideas as to how I may fit or if I qualify would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by BramFinem

Thank you for suggesting it, but I've been considering, and I feel that since I remember information to share with others, I would fit into the Theorydancers better! I speak the oaths:

Facts before Guessing, Checking before Assuming, Reason before Conclusion!

My Theoryspren Locke and I will be proud to represent these ideals!

Now that you mention it, I realized that Theorydancers and Theoryrunners are very similar:
Theoryrunners argue in defence of theories (which also covers WoBs)
Theorydancers provide WoBs (which can also cover defending theories)

Eh. One day, when I'll have time, I may do a rework of Orders similar to one another. I don't mind help, so I'm open to suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I don't know who found out that Felt was a worldhopper, but can we make him/her an honorary Theorysmith?

Facts before guessing.

Checking before assuming.

Reason before conclusion.

"I will extrapolate instead of criticise.  I will bring the details together."

Count me in guys.  I don't know how much input I'm going to have over the next couple of months (moving across the country), but I'm flattered for getting the invitation.

• 6 months later...
On 11/29/2015 at 8:41 AM, Oversleep said:

Theoryweavers: They often seek to build theories around small details, transforming them to important things. Also they took liking to 'what if?' theories.

Facts before guessing.

On 12/4/2015 at 2:52 PM, Stormgate said:

I will think of that which is not, and why it is not

I will consider every claim, no matter how far-fetched 
I will build on the theories of others
I will search the Words of Brandon, for they hold endless clues

It's been almost 6 months since someone posted here, but @Oversleep I saw you post last week about your 1 year Shard-iversary and found this thread and it really made me smile!  I feel like I couldn't be anymore a Theoryweaver unless I had a deductionspren screaming to bond with me (her name is Dysern, BTW :P).

Edited by VirtuousTraveller

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Voiceless One said:

I seek to join the ranks of the Theorybreakers.  What must I do?

Speak the First Oath:

Facts before guessing.

Theorybreakers are those who deal with judging and assessing theories, finding flaws and inconsistencies, providing arguments to the contrary etc but they have to stay polite and civilized about it. Such critical feedback is (pun not intended) critical to the person who made the theory.

Since that thing got a little more alive, what do you guys think about turning it into a place to craft and discuss theories? That is, if anyone is willing to share what theory they're working on to get some pre-publication feedback.

In the meantime, I started WoB Stack Exchange. It's a place to help with finding those WoBs you swear you remember but can't find anymore.