Two spikes for any character from anything

Oversleep

It's self-explanatory, I think. I'd rather stick with Twinborn combinations (one feruchemic and one allomantic ability), but you can give any two transferable abilities.

We're aiming for the best effect. Try to explain why did you choose these powers. Try to explain original abilities of the character and how it would interact.
(Double atium is kinda too obvious, so is double gold, so do not overuse them - unless you have a good reason. Also, allomantic atium makes everyone badass, so... unless you have a good reason)

Any book, comic, film, and so on.

My first idea is double brass for Kvothe (Patrick Rothfuss, 'Kingkiller Chronicles')

Kvothe is a talented musician, and playing lute and Soothing audience gets along well.
He is also an arcanist. It's magic based on linking two objects (something between quantum entanglement and voodoo), and anything you do to the one of them is also done to the other. Different links can change energy from one form to the other, you can change kinetic energy to light and so on. Popular source is heat, you can draw power from a bonfire or your own body, which could be dangerous because of hypothermia.
Compounding heat would allow to not need external sources and also he'd be able to break even through opposition (it's stated that with enough power, like blast furnace, you can even break the protection of protective artifact).

Your thoughts?

P.S. I'm sorry if there is a topic like that :)

I actually don't think there's a single post like this, maybe for just cosmere characters but not for everything. That being said, the one I'd like to see have to spikes is none other than LUFFY. (from one piece if you didn't know you uncultured swine). He'd be an electrum compounder for determination cause that's the single thing I see him getting.

You know,  I was just thinking about this and it's amazing how many super heroes could be created in this method.

Daredevil = double tin

Flash = double steel

etc etc

The combo I'd love to see though is something like pewter and an ironmind.  I think you could end up with someone like the Juggernaut.

Continuing on the One Piece thing

Feruchemical Gold and Allomantic Zinc for Nami. The first because she's already a goldbug with her obsession with treasure and the second because she can convince people to part with their hard earned money more easily by rioting their emotions.

Feruchemical Steel and Allomantic Pewter for Zoro, for mostly obvious reasons.

Feruchemical Zinc and a Copper Spike for Chopper. As a doctor he needs to be smart and Copper improves intelligence while feruchemical zinc lets him think of the stuff he needs faster. Useful.

Feruchemical Cadmium and Allomantic Tin for Usopp. Sniper. Not needing to breath stops the constant movement of the chest which can throw off aim while allomantic tin improves his aim even further than he already has it.

Brass Twinborn for Sanji, for the sheer number of times he's blown up or set himself on fire. Also for his Diable Jambe attack, which heats his leg up significantly. Compounding heat, he can keep that going for a long time and probably protect himself from physical hits. Useful.

Feruchemical Pewter and Feruchemical Steel for Brook. Since he doesn't have muscle, but has the benefit of it regardless, he can use Pewter immensely without the downside of super-bulking up that'd normally restrict his movements and he's already one of the fastest characters besides Luffy using Gear Second, meaning he can store in steel more easily and tap it for a MASSIVE boost to speed.

Copper Twinborn for Robin, if it is in fact the one that grants perfect memory, making memories eidetic.

Feruchemical Iron and Steel for Franky because, come on, he's made of the stuff. Having it constantly available and unable to be taken away makes it incredibly useful.

You know,  I was just thinking about this and it's amazing how many super heroes could be created in this method.

Daredevil = double tin

Flash = double steel

They would be like hyperheroes. Remember, the point of the exercise is giving additional powers. There was another topic with replacing abilities of heroes with cosmere powers (like Batman with allomantic iron instead of grappling hook etc.).

But speedsters with double steel? They would break the multiverse even more. And imagine shooting a coin at warp speed (since speed is additive and you're running at least Mach 1. Brrrr). Not to mention how much can they fill steelmind. Wait, that's limiting factor - with amount of the speed they can store, they would need to wear a steel armormind to have some gain from compounding speed (since normally they run faster than sound).

Also, Daredevil with double tin is another good point :)

Hulk with double pewter is also obvious. But double zinc or maybe double aluminium could make a level-headed, reasoning Hulk? He doesn't need even more strength . He needs to be able to think clearly, now that would be devastating.

Edited by Oversleep

Feruchemical Steel and Allomantic Pewter for Zoro, for mostly obvious reasons.

We're aiming for the best effect. Try to explain why did you choose these powers. Try to explain original abilities of the character and how it would interact.

I, for example, don't read One Piece, do I don't know these mostly obvious reasons.

For doctors in any world, including ours: feruchemical copper! Also, for lawyers. And for all the science people, really.

Edited by Oversleep

I, for example, don't read One Piece, do I don't know these mostly obvious reasons.

Ah, sorry.

Zoro is a swordsman and thus constantly has steel on his person in the form of his swords, plus storing power in a sword makes it harder to affect allomantically, and as a physical fighter pewter is incredibly useful for him in general. Not to mention he uses three sword (one in each hand + one in his mouth) so some of his stances are a bit awkward, so the increased balance from pewter would aid him greatly.

Everyone's gone with twinborn powers so far so I'll go with an Elantrian + Sharbearer combo to give to Felicity from Arrow so she can join the others in actually fighting people. Also she's an expert in hacking so I choose to believe that extends to being able to hack Elantrian magic to work on earth :P

Everyone's gone with twinborn powers so far so I'll go with an Elantrian + Sharbearer combo to give to Felicity from Arrow so she can join the others in actually fighting people. Also she's an expert in hacking so I choose to believe that extends to being able to hack Elantrian magic to work on earth :P

Nice! Since Aons are basically programming (with being formula based), so she would totally rock that. I am not sure if she would even need Shards with such powerful Aonic magic.

Also, can an Elantrian power the Shardplate by himself or does he need to create some hack with Aons?

Nice! Since Aons are basically programming (with being formula based), so she would totally rock that. I am not sure if she would even need Shards with such powerful Aonic magic.

Also, can an Elantrian power the Shardplate by himself or does he need to create some hack with Aons?

I'd guess that they'd need to hack it.  Probably wouldn't be a hard hack though.  Draw an aon on each section of plate where a gem would otherwise go.  As for what aon,  I'd guess it'd either be Are or Daa.

I'd guess that they'd need to hack it.  Probably wouldn't be a hard hack though.  Draw an aon on each section of plate where a gem would otherwise go.  As for what aon,  I'd guess it'd either be Are or Daa.

Or Rao. But yeah I'd guess that a hack would be needed.

Probably not no but the only other thing I could think of that she might need is Feruchemical copper or Feruchemical zinc and I was trying to steer clear of the Metallic arts. Awakening isn't much use without Breaths to power it (Though maybe she could hack that too), the Surgebindings we know of don't provide much that an Aon can't do so all that's really left are Shards or another Selish magic. Forging could be cool I guess.

• 1 month later...

I think Saitama would be able to fill like 10 bracers of each and still be able to oneshot things with a serious punch.

I mean he's only had to throw a serious punch once up to where the anime stopped, and even that wasn't a full effort. He literally onepunches anything less than dragon class while half-chulling it. Only time it didn't work was when swatting a mosquito.

Allomantic Gold for Richard Rahl (Sword of Truth).

This guy really has to meditate over some most things he had done.

Although that works under the assumption his worldview changed enough during his life his different selves would disagree with one another. Edited by DreamEternal

Double Gold for any character on Game of Thrones, so they can survive longer than a mayfly.

Spiderman with f-Iron (for weight adjustments when swinging/impacting) and f-Tin or a-Pewter (f-Tin for distance viewing, a-Pewter because Spiderman is a relatively fragile superhero)

Although that works under the assumption his worldview changed enough during his life his different selves would disagree with one another.

Early-SoT Richard was a much more bearable person than late SoT-Richard.

I'm gonna bend the rules and give f-luck to both Spike and Jet from Cowboy Bebop...guys need to catch a break...(although...do you need luck in the first place in order to store it up...?)

Well, the "two spike" and "Twinborn combination" aren't rules, just a simple suggestion in order to be more creative.

Yeah, you need luck in the first place. But everybody has a bit of luck, so it isn't a problem.

Mark Watney (from The Martian) could really use some Compounding luck (he is basically Robinson Cruzoe stuck on Mars and things tend to go wrong all the time for him)

• 3 weeks later...