Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Okay, remember a while back when I wrote this post

Check out Stick's Coppermind article.

Part of me says that this shouldn't bother me as much as it does. It's not like someone stole my magnum opus; they just took a silly post I wrote one day and used it in the Coppermind. But still, this is something I wrote, and whoever slipped that into the Coppermind didn't even credit me. Didn't even ask if they could use it, to which I would have said yes. And the worst part is, this isn't the first time it's happened. Someone took that post and copied it word-for-word into a new topic, again without crediting me. And I called them on it! 

Aaarrrrgh seeing something you wrote used in a wider context shouldn't be frustrating…..

Because they didn't ask you. That makes it some form of intellectual theft.

2 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

You could always passive aggressively log in and add yourself as a reference. :ph34r:

YES! and refer to yourself as the Pug Empress or something awesome :D 

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Okay, remember a while back when I wrote this post

Check out Stick's Coppermind article.

Part of me says that this shouldn't bother me as much as it does. It's not like someone stole my magnum opus; they just took a silly post I wrote one day and used it in the Coppermind. But still, this is something I wrote, and whoever slipped that into the Coppermind didn't even credit me. Didn't even ask if they could use it, to which I would have said yes. And the worst part is, this isn't the first time it's happened. Someone took that post and copied it word-for-word into a new topic, again without crediting me. And I called them on it! 

Aaarrrrgh seeing something you wrote used in a wider context shouldn't be frustrating…..

As the History tab indicates someone called Arook added your text there. Maybe contact @Joe ST about this?

I always get pissed when people make simple language mistakes, like using much and many wrong >>

oh and going to the mall with your family. All I asked for were a pair of pikachu fluffy slipper things. Not an argument whether it was manly enough or a massive scream-fest where my sisters started yelling about how they wanted a pair and started grabbing pillows and crap too >>

I do not associate with these people.

49 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I always get pissed when people make simple language mistakes, like using much and many wrong >>

oh and going to the mall with your family. All I asked for were a pair of pikachu fluffy slipper things. Not an argument whether it was manly enough or a massive scream-fest where my sisters started yelling about how they wanted a pair and started grabbing pillows and crap too >>

I do not associate with these people.

30a.gif

1 hour ago, Mistrunner said:

One thing that should not bug me as much as it does is people using whenever when they mean when. "Whenever my friends and I went to the park-" No. That is not correct. Why.

That doesn't even sound right...although I can't tell if people are actually saying 'went' instead of, say 'go,' or if you simply made a mistake.
I don't think I've come across the whenever/when thing before...

So I could have sworn that I'd seen or posted this in this topic before, but a quick search came up with something so I'm just gonna go with it.

The incorrect phrase "I could care less" is a pet peeve for me. It's become so common, but people mean that they COULDN'T care less! Saying it the other way just doesn't make sense!

2 hours ago, Nashan'Elin said:

The incorrect phrase "I could care less" is a pet peeve for me. It's become so common, but people mean that they COULDN'T care less! Saying it the other way just doesn't make sense!

But you could care less :P

2 hours ago, Nashan'Elin said:

So I could have sworn that I'd seen or posted this in this topic before, but a quick search came up with something so I'm just gonna go with it.

This. This bothers me so much. And when people say heighth instead of height. 

On 4/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, Slowswift said:

There are two lanes in the donation dock. One of them is completely devoid of employees, and one has me and another guy standing ready to receive.

Which one do you think people pull up to? <_< 

I hope the one you're in, but I doubt that's the one they went to.

Edited by StrikerEZ

• 3 weeks later...

Patrons my coworkers get: "I just need to renew my library card. Thanks! You're the best! :)))))"

Patrons I get: "I printed 15 jobs from someone else's account, so you'll have to add up the cost manually. Oh, and I have $0.45 on my card that I want to apply to this job, so you'll need to debit it manually as well. I'm going to pay the other $15.75 half in bills and half in loose change. What's taking you so long?"

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Patrons my coworkers get: "I just need to renew my library card. Thanks! You're the best! :)))))"

Patrons I get: "I printed 15 jobs from someone else's account, so you'll have to add up the cost manually. Oh, and I have $0.45 on my card that I want to apply to this job, so you'll need to debit it manually as well. I'm going to pay the other $15.75 half in bills and half in loose change. What's taking you so long?"

This......shows confidence in your mathematical ability!

*hugs*

People who think that knowing more about a given topic gives them the right to talk down to anyone less knowledgeable.

I witnessed an exchange on a bird-related Facebook page where one lady asked for advice on how to protect the bluebirds nesting in her yard from cats and how to get them to stop pecking her windows. Another woman (she doesn't deserve to be called a lady) started berating her in the most arrogant, condescending manner for letting cats kill birds and saying if the window incidents were such a problem, then (and I quote) JUST TAKE THE BIRDHOUSE DOWN!

If every "experienced" or "expert" birder responded to honest, well-meaning questions as aggressively as that, the hobby would quickly die out because nobody could stand to learn from someone so insufferable! Seriously, what makes some people so hostile??

On 2017-5-9 at 1:51 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

*hug*

@Sunbird *headpat*

Wait! It's gone now! Haunting silver blade box has been released! 

Ok what I came here to say:

traffic. 

Sometimes my bus ride to work takes 10 minutes flat and I'm so early I don't know what to do with myself.

Sometimes, like today, traffic is an absolute standstill. In addition, the driver didn't stop at my stop. We've been within the same 100m for HALF A FRIGGIN HOUR. And the bus is lurching forward in these tiny little spurts just enough to make me feel nauseous, so instead of being on time 15minites before my shift starts, I'm going to be late for my shift. And I have longer to walk. Stupid buses.