Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

I agree with a Delightful and Twi on this one. I don't think climate change is "the biggest threat" to humanity today, as some people like to claim, because, you know, there's a lot of people dying for other, more pressing reasons. I also don't think we know everything about this planet and how it works. But still, we should always be nice to the planet, because it is our home, and we should be good to it and not trying to kill it.

Twi, Mist and Delightful: I totally agree with you. I'm not some eco freak that thinks global warming is going to kill us all, if we don't shut all the factories down immediately. I just really don't like, when people use faulty arguments or arguments they don't fully understand in discussion. And the discussion about Climate Change is always full of stuff like that. That's why I posted video about critical thinking not about "OMG, climat change is totally true and is going to kill us all!". I just want people to start thinking logically and on their own more, instead of repating the stuff they hear in media or opposite to what they hear in media (because some people are inherently convinced that media always lie). And really there is the same thing always going on about evolution, vaccines and all the other hot topics that we can hear about. Just repeating stupid arguments annoys me. Some people do it occasionally, some people do it all the time. And I really don't mind someone arguing against me, as long as the arguments hold up together. 

Evaluating climate change in a nutshell: Climate scientists specialize in this and know more than you.  If it sounds dry and unexciting, it's more likely to be true.  If the position plainly benefits profits at the expense of anything else, it's more likely to be false.

I'm not going to comment on global warming, because that gets me angry, and I prefer focusing on preventing anger than dealing with it if/when it happens. Mainly because at this point, I don't know how to control my anger. So I don't get angry, and I have no anger to control.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of my hot pink arguing mittens :ph34r:

Do you have maybe bright orange ones as well? I'd like a pair! :D

EDIT: New Pet Peeve (just got it): When I don't notice anymore which language I speak/write/read in. I just got so confused. I've read something in English yesterday, and then I found same thing on the Polish website (translation) and I was so sure that I've already read it on that Polish website. But that was impossible, because it was just added today. So confusing. Mind-overload. xD

Edited by Pestis the Spider

Well, I'm all for killing the planet, but I think we should start by euthanizing dolphins instead of putting out CO2 emissions.

#HowToOffendLiterallyEveryone

Dolphins are the only other species on earth who kill for fun you know...

While Im ruining cute animals for everyone I may as well add that Ladybugs are sadistic predators who eat their own young.

While I am on this path already I may add that unicorns only show themselves to lone maidens in the forest and have horns, use your imagination.

I know this had nothing to do with pet peeves, but someone probably has "People who ruin things for others" as a pet peeve, so I am still being on topic, somehow.

Dolphins are the only other species on earth who kill for fun you know...

While Im ruining cute animals for everyone I may as well add that Ladybugs are sadistic predators who eat their own young.

While I am on this path already I may add that unicorns only show themselves to lone maidens in the forest and have horns, use your imagination.

I know this had nothing to do with pet peeves, but someone probably has "People who ruin things for others" as a pet peeve, so I am still being on topic, somehow.

Use my imagination... use my imagination...

imagination intensifies

Ah. Unicorns have horns for the same reason rhinoceroses and other real-life horned animals do: protecting weaker members of the herd. Unicorns are noble creatures which seek out young maidens and protect them, and were thus particularly remarkable in the misogynistic society of medieval Europe.

Thank you Morzathoth. You made unicorns all the more gentle and wonderful to me. ^_^

P.S. Dolphins are also the only other species to have launched attempts to free stuck whales from harbors.