Tablets?

Vauhsoj

Tablet suggestions?  I am thinking about the NVIDIA Shield Tablet, but I have heard good things about the Nexus 9 as well.  Do any of  you have tablets you really like?  And no, I don't want an iPad.   :P

EDIT:  I did settle on one, so I don't need suggestions anymore.  Thanks everyone!  :D

Although, if you have some amazing advice for the others that are sure to follow, feel free to leave it here!  B)

Edited by Ookla the Logical

Nexus 10 is amazing. Despite being a few years old, they've still got better screen resolution than most newer products, even the top of the market models. When I was shopping for my tablet, I came across a fancy, $500+ tablet which everyone was raving about. Most of the comments were about the incredible resolution. I checked the specs, and Nexus 10 has exactly the same quality of screen resolution. You can get them in like new condition for around $200. I've been totally satisfied with my Nexus 10. Never had a problem. It's fast, has a good battery life, is user-friendly... The list goes on. I highly recommend going with the Nexus 10, as the larger screen makes a huge difference.

Edited by Lindel

What will your primary use be? That will matter a lot.

This.

I have a 2nd Gen Nexus 7 which I love for just about everything because of its portability (fits nicely into my pants pocket) and resolution (reading, surfing, email, games), but when I'm reading comics I sometimes find myself wishing I had just a bit more screen real estate. If you care less about portability then a bigger tablet is nice. If you're going to watch movies you'll want to consider the aspect ratios as well.

I don't know how the HTC Nexus 9 holds up against the Asus Nexus 7 hardware-wise, but  I haven't seen a huge number of complaints.

I have an Nvidia Shield. I mostly use it to access Youtube, but it's supposed to be used as a gaming tablet. Graphics are nice, but I don't have much to compare it to. It's touchscreen based, so controls for games not designed for mobiles are clunky if you don't have/want a controller. It also comes with a stylus, but sucks as a drawing tablet. I don't think it has any pressure sensitivity, and it's also rather small for direct drawing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Samsung Galaxy Tabs are good. You can use them for almost everything (we have a lot of them at work around...).

Galaxy Tab S2 is a good choice. But of Samsung, I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 the most. It comes with a Pen and some special functions, really cool...

I used Sony Xperia Tablets, but don't really like them...

Private (not at work) I use a Sony Duo 13... a 13 inch tablet, and when you open it (slide, not like a normal notebook) you get a notebook / tablet hybrid. As well with a pen, great to draw (with Windows 8, or now, 10). Really love using that. But is really expensive...