Where are you from?

firstRainbowRose

Born in Provo, Utah, but soon after birth moved to California, six years in a city close to LA, then two in a suburb of San Jose.  Moved to Utah again, three years in Murray, eight years in West Jordan, two years in Córdoba, Argentina, now almost three weeks in West Jordan, Utah again.

Helsingborg, in the south of Sweden. Small city, bit over 100 k pp living here.

And regarding languages, I read them in english. I started reading translated books, but when I was 18-ish and waiting for the next of tWOT book, I noteiced that they were taking along time translating. So I bough Lord of Chaos in english, and since then Iv been bying all books by enlish authors in english if I have the choice.

Even if you have a good translation, there are always some mistakes. You miss stuff, and I don´t feel "connected" to the writer in the same manner.

Getting the novels are fairly easy. Regular bookstores dont have much fantasy, and even less in english, but we got a bookchain called "sciencefiction bokhandeln" wich, as the name clearly gives away even to an english speaker began focusing on Scifi, but now also tries to have everything in fantasy and some toher stuff(boardgames, Magic, some movies in those genres, and do a good job with it.  And they have a great homepage for ordering books, so while the closest shop it in another city, I get the books I order in a few days, wich is great:)

So, thats how you get the books in sweden:), now if I could only figure out how to convince Brandon to do a signing here......;)

Lurker here reporting for duty :D

Im from Santa Cruz, Argentina but I spent most of my childhood in Comodoro Rivadavia in Chubut then I moved to the US(Houston,Texas) where I learnt about Brandon and now im back in Argentina in Buenos Aires, Il probably be moving somewhere else soon enough most likely somewhere in the area of saudi arabia.

I agree with TheShogun on Boston being a lovely city. (Except for the drivers.)

I deal with the drivers by the theory that if they hit me, it's their problem. 

However, now that I'm not just a pedestrian, but a driver as well, I may need to rethink that...

• 3 weeks later...

Although Mi'ch already knows where I hail from, I'll report anyway.

6 years in the Seattle area.

20(ish) years in South Central Idaho (with a little smattering for college in Eastern Idaho).

7-8 months in Provo, Utah (where I currently live). Regardless of traffic, I'm about 5 minutes away from BYU. Which means that when I go to the midnight release and get in line days before, I'll still be able to go home, take a shower, and be back in line before the allotted hour of being away from the line is up (I'm pretty sure that's how it goes).

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lake Charles, Louisiana. 35ish miles North of the Gulf and 29ish miles East of the TX line. Other then the normally hot July and August, and dodging a hurricane every few yrs it's a perfect area though I'd love to get snow days the Gulf destorys that dream.

I'm 34 and have only seen snow 6 times. My one and only snowman was in 1986.

• 4 weeks later...

Cairo, Egypt. Regarding translations, English is my first language, so I read them in English. I'm not actually sure if any of Brandon's work has been translated into Arabic, though.

it looks like we're neighbors (sort of) I am from Beirut :D

as for translations I am absolutely certain they haven't been translated to Arabic (speaking from experience, it is quite rare for me to meet anyone who even knows who BS is)

• 3 years later...
  • Mestiv locked this topic