Idaho Falls B&N

PrncRny

O_o! Could you ask him directly if there were Cadmium/Bendalloy and Nicrosil/Chromium Mistings (though unknowingly so) during the Lord Ruler's era? If he doesn't RAFO that, could you also ask whether or not the Mists Snapped those as well during the events of Mistborn: the Hero of Ages?

I'd say check out the Ultimate List of Questions thread over in Cosmere Theories, because I can't think of any of my own. I would link to it directly but I am bad at the internet. :P

I'm also insanely jealous that you get to make it to this one, while I am still a lowly student away from home. I'm not jealous at all of the horrendous line that everyone will be stuck in. ;)

I'd say check out the Ultimate List of Questions thread over in Cosmere Theories, because I can't think of any of my own. I would link to it directly but I am bad at the internet. :P

I'm also insanely jealous that you get to make it to this one, while I am still a lowly student away from home. I'm not jealous at all of the horrendous line that everyone will be stuck in. ;)

Actually, it might be better to ask this way. I think that list has gotten a bit out of hand, and some of them might already have been answered.

EDIT: Also, could you ask him if Wit's conversation with Dalinar - the one where he talks about gibberish - actually contains several anagrams? We have discovered that Balderdash = Shardblade, but we cannot for the life of us find anything for Figgldygrak, even though several members have created computer programs to search through every possibly one, two or three word letter combinations of known English words.

Edited by Aether

Thank you for the offer, PrncRny. :)

Now if only I had a massive lists of questions I carry around with me everywhere. Oh wait: I DO! :D

Can AonDor heal chronic conditions, like poor eyesight?
-If so, does it strictly require specialized Aon-drawing to work, or will enough Aon Ien's do the job eventually?

Is it possible for an Augor to Compound Health out of a goldmind if its proper owner (who isn't the same person as the Augor) messed around with Identity in the right way?

Would a Full Lashing work in a vacuum?
-If not, is that because it works by creating a vacuum between the Lashed objects?

Are there such things as "Feruchemical savants"? Was Miles one, a "savant" in Feruchemical gold?

Do Cognitive aspects generally include people's clothing to some extent?

----
FORMS:

Does a Divine Breath draw upon some "ideal" of human health when it is endowed for healing?
-For instance: In allowing Susebron to get a new tongue and the ability to use it properly despite not having a Cognitive image of himself as tongued or having the know-how to speak.

Did some "ideal" of what it is to be human act upon TLR such that he still aged, despite the possibility that he ought to have been able to get away with a Cognitive view as immortal and unaging?

Are "ideals" in the Spiritual Realm responsible for why symbols on Sel have magical meaning, like how it's "known" by the Dor that AonAon represents Arelon?

Are "ideals" in the Spiritual Realm the reason why "instinctive Awakening" works, or why specific Command phrases are "discovered" rather than Awakeners being capable of formulating new ones out of whole cloth?

Do Soulcasters draw upon some kind of "ideals" in the Spiritual Realm when they transform a material, such as an "ideal" (or "Essence", in this case) of blood when soulcasting something into blood?

----

What exactly was Shai's Soulforging of Ashraven comparing itself to to see how well it sticks? His Spiritual aspect? Cognitive aspect? The totality of other people's conceptions of him?

Do Surgebinders have gemhearts?
-[in the sense of having them exist within their bodies naturally, rather than asking if they happen to carry around the gemheart from another creature's body.]

How, exactly, does Hemalurgic decay work for Feruchemy? Do Inquisitors have a cap on how much they can store at a time, or do they "waste" Health when they store (so they'd be lying around at 80% health but only storing 10%, for instance), or do they draw it out less efficiently than real Feruchemists?

Why does Feruchemical Gold sometimes leave scars and sometimes not?
http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4258-questions-for-seattle-signing-1014/page-2#entry67127

----

-So, as background, we have from Brandon that Inquisitors are capable of burning their own eyespikes, but at the expense of excruciating pain and/or weird soul-splicing. Either way, this tells us that Hemalurgic spikes (and potentially any piercing) are available as Allomantic reserves.

Question:

If that is the case, then why didn't Vin lose her earring? It was Bronze, as it turns out, and she burned Duralumin and Bronze at the same time at least once, so shouldn't she have burned the earring away too?
-I think that she might have had the earring in when she burned Aluminum in the first book, but I can't recall if the Inquisitors might have taken it. So I'll just go with the Duralumin instance.
--We also have Marsh the Steel Inquisitor burning Steel and Duralumin and not dying.

On that note, why don't spikes seem to show up as reserves, given that they are accessible? Also, do normal piercings follow the same burn rules as spikes, whatever they may be?
http://steelministry.com/viewtopic.php?p=7352#p7352

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/3365-identity-regional-magic-and-feruchemy/#entry55646

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/3732-cheating-duralumin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-burning-and-love-the-surge/#entry59353

---

So what's up with frame of reference for time bubbles?

How do surfaces of time bubbles behave, in general? When you poke it with a stick? When someone touches it and is immediately "affected" by it? Does the bubble's surface "distend", or pull people in, or what?

Are Feruchemical attributes stored in the Physical metal of metalminds, or in their Spiritual aspects?

Is there any meaningful difference between the metalminds of a Feruchemists who stores 10% weight for 10 hours in the first metalmind, and then 100% for 1 hour in a second metalmind?

What is the Realmatic composition of Investiture? Is is primarily Spiritual, an even mix of Spiritual and Cognitive, or something else?

Would an embedded Brass metalmind melt at high temperatures? What about one that's completely buried in the skin?
-Me: Probably: Water in your stomach oughtn't to boil away

If Dalinar were a Feruchemist, would he be able to tap a metalmind (in either world) while experiencing one of his visions?

Does the Blessing of Presence help a Kandra against takeover by emotional Allomancy, or only against Ruin?

Would a normal Scadrian seem like a drab to a Nalthian, and would a Scadrian be able to tell that someone was drab by "life sense"?
-To be more specific, are Breaths "normal" parts of Nalthians (common to all humans in the Cosmere) which the magic system allows to be split off, or are they tacked on extra bits courtesy of Endowment, like the extra Preservation in Mistings?

Are the laws of physics Spiritually-based in the Cosmere?

Could you please explain how Feruchemical brass goes about being a "Cognitive" metal? I know you had to retcon it in, and had originally intended it to be a physical metal, but how does it work Realmatically as Cognitive?

Ahem.  :rolleyes:

I dumped the whole thing because it might interest you to have a broad range of options, but here are a few of the "top contenders":

-If so, does it strictly require specialized Aon-drawing to work, or will enough Aon Ien's do the job eventually?

Would a Full Lashing work in a vacuum?
-If not, is that because it works by creating a vacuum between the Lashed objects?

How, exactly, does Hemalurgic decay work for Feruchemy? Do Inquisitors have a cap on how much they can store at a time, or do they "waste" Health when they store (so they'd be lying around at 80% health but only storing 10%, for instance), or do they draw it out less efficiently than real Feruchemists?

Would a normal Scadrian seem like a drab to a Nalthian, and would a Scadrian be able to tell that someone was drab by "life sense"?
-To be more specific, are Breaths "normal" parts of Nalthians (common to all humans in the Cosmere) which the magic system allows to be split off, or are they tacked on extra bits courtesy of Endowment, like the extra Preservation in Mistings?

Is there any meaningful difference between the metalminds of a Feruchemists who stores 10% weight for 10 hours in the first metalmind, and then 100% for 1 hour in a second metalmind?

What is the Realmatic composition of Investiture? Is is primarily Spiritual, an even mix of Spiritual and Cognitive, or something else?

How do surfaces of time bubbles behave, in general? When you poke it with a stick? When someone touches it and is immediately "affected" by it? Does the bubble's surface "distend", or pull people in, or what?

Double ahem. That was longer than intended. Now here's the real top list: ;)

---

Also, if you really want everyone to love you, would it be at all possible for you to get an audio recorder on the signing table with him? He's usually cool with it if you ask and say you're from the site, if I understand correctly.

EDIT: I also like Sats' question quite a bit.

Edited by Kurkistan

Actually, it might be better to ask this way. I think that list has gotten a bit out of hand, and some of them might already have been answered.

EDIT: Also, could you ask him if Wit's conversation with Dalinar - the one where he talks about gibberish - actually contains several anagrams? We have discovered that Balderdash = Shardblade, but we cannot for the life of us find anything for Figgldygrak, even though several members have created computer programs to search through every possibly one, two or three word letter combinations of known English words.

If you could bring a sheet with Balderdash and  Figgldygrak and ask if  Balderdash = Shardblade anagram are intentional and what are Figgldygrak anagam( if there is any) that would be awesome =)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm leaving for the signing here soon. I'll try to get a recorder on the table if I can.  If not, I'll transcribe what I get from my own answers and post them in the next couple of days. Because i'm sure you'll be anxious to know. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm leaving for the signing here soon. I'll try to get a recorder on the table if I can.  If not, I'll transcribe what I get from my own answers and post them in the next couple of days. Because i'm sure you'll be anxious to know. :)

Good lucky pal =)

Going to a signing today. So. Questions to ask? Help me pick his brain!

Come on, guys! Give this guy some more up-votes love!

Edited by Aether

Ok. All done. I've for some plans for the night, so I'll post my results either later tonight or tomorrow morning :)

See, if you'd said "later tonight", I would have felt justified in staying up til five am to see them. If you'd said "tomorrow morning", I could have gone to sleep sometime reasonable, secure in the knowlege that I would find them the next day. But an "or" situation... I don't know what to do.

See, if you'd said "later tonight", I would have felt justified in staying up til five am to see them. If you'd said "tomorrow morning", I could have gone to sleep sometime reasonable, secure in the knowlege that I would find them the next day. But an "or" situation... I don't know what to do.

I concur (though I'd be up absurdly late anyway).  Thanks for stringing us along :P .  If you post anything tonight, could you at least tell us if the reading (his website said he'd do a WoR reading) is new and whether you have a recording of any of it?

Thanks for posting the info.  Looking forward to it!

Ok. So we only got a few questions in. time was limited. Here we go:

First note: I didn't get a recorder on the table. Sorry. So it'll only be my questions mentioned here.

1) the question about anagrams. I did specifically mention balderdash = shard blade, and his response to the other word:

" everything wit says is significant. How much or how little varies, but it's all significant."

2) I asked if we had met any other Rithmatists who gained any their abilities from some other method than the Inception ceremony besides Nalazar.

That was a flat out no. "Unless you include what Hardy was doing."

3) next was a Steelheart question asked by my wife: if using their abilities slowly drives them mad, how can good epics rise up to help?

"That is kind of the point of the novel isn't it?" With a smile.

4) Alcatraz follow-up?

"I've had enough asking about it that I really should do the last one. It's back burner for now, but I want to."

5) what are the plans for a Legion television series?

" the studios option on it explores here in December. If they renew it, they have another year to begin production. Nothing firm yet."

That's it. I wish is gotten a recorder down. Oh well.

Oh. And. I got a steelhunt code. So, I'll be having some fun with that :) ill post a pic sometime for those who don't believe.

Also: there was no reading. That I was disappointed about. Sorry. I asked, and...yeah. B&N said it wasn't on the schedule. Space too limited or something.

No worries.  Thanks a lot for the post.

Since the statement from Wit wasn't a confirmation of it being an anagram, I wonder if he just said that to make us waste time figuring it out.  Or maybe it's an anagram of words in another language on Roshar; perhaps with words or a phrase we haven't seen yet. I haven't taken the time to try to figure it out though.

Upvote for you.

1) the question about anagrams. I did specifically mention balderdash = shard blade, and his response to the other word:

" everything wit says is significant. How much or how little varies, but it's all significant."

Sounds to me like there is still something to be learned from it. *whistles* Back to work.

Thanks for asking that, *upvote*.