Updated synopsis for words of radiance

gruntle

Reading it now. For the interested but indolent lurkers on this thread, here is a link to the synopsis in question.

EDIT: An up-vote for your first post! Welcome. =)

EDIT 2: Oh my god!

"It is the nature of the magic. A broken soul has cracks into which something else can be fit. Surgebindings, the powers of creation themselves. They can brace a broken soul; but they can also widen its fissures."

This seems to be a really interesting twist on the effects and causes of Snapping.

EDIT 3: Also, who the heck is the Bondsmith?

The Bondsmith, born in blood and death, striving to rebuild what was destroyed.

Edited by Aether

The Windrunner = Kaladin

The Lightweaver = Shallan

The Explorer = Eshonai

The Bondsmith = ??? Dalinar/Elhokar who ?

Are you sure? This seems like listing of new Radiants and the Radiants of old were all human, so Eshonai doesn't fit (not sure who does, maybe Jasnah?).

Edit: I'm assuming here that "Explorers" is an order of KR unheard of as of yet.

As to the Bondsmith, Dalinar sounds better to me, can't say why. No idea if/how either fits the born in blood and death part....

Edited by kraefzke

At first, it felt wrong to have Eshonai as The explorer, but then I read the last section from the cover flap again, and  I must agree that it matches very well.
The Explorer is probably not a Radiant order, its just identification of what she represents, just as The assassin is an is seth but I'm pretty sure that its not an Radiant order.

Indeed, Radiant order all seem to have two roots (noun+verbal derivative). The explorer is likely Eshonai.

You are sure right about the names of the orders. It still like the idea of an order not following this rule better than a non-Radiant listed with Radiants in such a manner (don't know if I'm making sense right now). We shall see.

You are sure right about the names of the orders. It still like the idea of an order not following this rule better than a non-Radiant listed with Radiants in such a manner (don't know if I'm making sense right now). We shall see.

But we also have a non Radiant listed: The Assassin. Admittedly not listed in the same way, but the same form and also in bold as the others.

Sure, but it is past time [...] to awaken for those first four, not only tying them together more tightly than simply mentioning them in the same paragraph, but also implying (imo) that they belong to the same group.

Edit: spelling

Edited by kraefzke

Wow.... just wow.

That is totes amazeballs!

Love the idea that Shallan's self recrimination and Kaladin's lust for vengeance somehow leaves them vulnerable just as they are getting stronger...

I am reminded of the Starfalls chapter and the Windrunner telling Dalinar that they could help him prevent the desire for battle from consuming him.

And the Assassin has arrived.... showdown time... Kaladin vs Szeth... bring it on!

EDIT: I am beginning to think that I am, overall, too fond of the ellipsis... 

Edited by The Count

The Explorer, straddling the fates of two peoples(parshendi and human), forced to  choose between slow death(siege) and a terrible betrayal of all she believes( bring back the old gods)

Meanwhile, at the heart of the Shattered Plains, the Parshendi are making an epochal decision. Hard pressed by years of Alethi attacks, their numbers ever shrinking, they are convinced by their war leader, Eshonai, to risk everything on an desperate gamble with the very supernatural forces they once fled. The consequences for Parshendi and humans alike—indeed, for Roshar itself—are as dangerous as they are incalculable.

and 

What she wouldn’t have given to be able to go among them unnoticed, to adopt their monochrome skin for a year and walk their roadways, see their grand cities, explore. There were so many new things to see. She wanted to investigate them all, experience them all. Instead, she and the others had ordered the murder of their king in a desperate gambit to stop the Parshendi gods from returning. Well, that hadn’t worked out.

I rest my case Eshonai is the Explorer =)

The Bondsmith, born in blood and death(Dalinar "born" in a way in the tower battle he finded himself), striving to rebuild what was destroyed(The costant "Unite them" voice).

My best guess about Bondsmith is that Dalinar loosely fit the description.

And for what we know bondsmith use superficial tension surge, maybe the theory that Dalinar used this surge to stop the clasmfiend was correct.

Anyone have any opinion about this matter ?

Edited by Ookla the Puro

Didn't take you guys very long to notice this. I only put it up yesterday evening.

Well, we probably wouldn't have noticed just yet if it hadn't been for our most observant lurker, gruntle. Oh, and Peter? Your presence would be appreciated on another thread too.

EDIT: @Darnam: There is a WoB on it. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT 2: Woah! Literally 10 seconds of searching:

JamesW

Are all of the orders of Knights Radiant human?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

<source>

Edited by Aether

Didn't take you guys very long to notice this. I only put it up yesterday evening.

Well, that isn't like some secret Hoid anagram that even 3 years after Wor release nobody can crack *cofcof*....

Nonsense. BalderdashFiggldygrak. Isn't it odd that gibberish words are often the sounds of other words, cut up and dismembered, then stitched into something like them—yet wholly unlike them at the same time?"

If you take the word Balderdash you can form an anagram like this:

Balderdash = B a d e r a 

S h a r d b l a d e

And Figgldygrak?