Dysian Aimians and Siah Aimians Are not Related

Argent

/u/Ecuadorable over at /r/Stormlight_Archive asked Brandon for a clue about Rysn or Axies, and got the following:

"Axies is one of two races from Aimia, but they are not related."

We already knew about the two races, but I don't think I've seen the bit about them being unrelated to each other.

Wasing the going of making with upvotes of now.

Makes sense; the Aimian(?) with Taravangian seems capable of altering his mind like putty, in contrast to Axies who seems capable of altering his body like putty. They seem sufficiently different to not be terribly related, except for being weird.

Makes sense; the Aimian(?) with Taravangian seems capable of altering his mind like putty, in contrast to Axies who seems capable of altering his body like putty. They seem sufficiently different to not be terribly related, except for being weird.

I don't think that thaylen was an aimian. There are people out there capable of very weird mental gymnastics.

A better clue would be how Hoid described the other kind of Aimians as men cut apart and put back together, or something like that.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

The what with what doing what now? I recall this not.

A better clue would be how Hoid described the other kind of Aimians as men cut apart and put back together, or something like that.

I do not believe he was talking about the Aimians in the little monologue he was giving... Dalinar? 

The what with what doing what now? I recall this not.

“How is it out there?” Taravangian asked softly, picking at his meal, which had gone cold during the testing.

“Horrible,” Mrall said with a grin. “Just as we wanted it.”

“Do not take pleasure in suffering,” Taravangian replied. “Even when it is a work of our hands.” He took a bite of the mush. “Particularly when it is a work of our hands.”

“As you wish. I will do so no more.”

“Can you really change that easily?” Taravangian asked. “Turn off your emotions on a whim?”

“Of course,” Mrall said. Something about that tickled at Taravangian, some thread of interest. If he had been in one of his more brilliant states, he might have seized upon it— but today, he sensed thought seeping away like water between fingers.

I guess I just always assumed he was some sort of Aimian or something, which makes less sense in retrospect. Taravangian having something tickle at him is as clear a bell as any that something's supernatural about the guy, though.

I do not believe he was talking about the Aimians in the little monologue he was giving... Dalinar?

He was probably talking indirectly about Adonalsium, but he did talk about Dysiah(?) aimians.

And I disagree with the idea that it is fully clear there is something supernatural about Vargo's bodyguard, although conservation of detail does point towards that direction.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

• Chaos locked this topic