Book signing in Portland oregon

GPFawkes

Shallan's memory being a by-product of her bond to Pattern has been answered in the past. The answer is yes. I dunno why he stumbled on your question.

I think it is because of the new information we got in SoS. The ars states that special tinyweenie powers form when you mix investiture types in a humanoid. Wayne and the Lightweavers are very similar. Wayne can mimic voices and accents to a shallon-esq level. No specific investiture is responsible. Its the run-off of a chemical reaction according to the SoS ars. Healing feruchemy plus timebubbles accidentally creates mnemonic passive abilities. 

So, if someone asked if Wayne had mnemonic abilities because of allomancy, that wouldnt be right. Wayne has the ability accidentally as a biproduct of holding two magic systems within himself. Pattern doesnt grant a memory enhancement himself. His form of investiture is involved, but actually, the ability forms when one surge (or both) react with some other source of magic inside the surge binder. The details are fuzzy on this point. Perhaps all surge binders have two investitures, so in this case the powers and passive-teeniewinie things are harder to parse and seperate formally.

Edited by teknopathetic

I think it is because of the new information we got in SoS. The ars states that special tinyweenie powers form when you mix investiture types in a humanoid. Wayne and the Lightweavers are very similar. Wayne can mimic voices and accents to a shallon-esq level. No specific investiture is respnsible. Its the run-off of a chemical reaction according to the SoS ars. Healing feruchemy plus timebubbles accidentally creates mnemonic passive abilities. 

So, if someone asked if Wayne had mnemonic abilities because of allomancy, that wouldnt be right. Wayne has the ability accidentally as a biproduct of holding two magic systems within himself. Pattern doesnt grant a memory enhancement. It is one surge (or both) reacting with some other source of magic. The details are fuzzy on this point. 

I think that this is wrong here. Wayne's ability to act is almost certainly not magical. He's a method actor, and there are non-magical humans on Earth right now capable of reproducing his feats. I see no reason to reach for a magical explanation when a non-magical one will suffice. We have no reason to suspect that the interaction of Wayne's powers would even be related to memory and acting.

We have the AA tell us that each Twinborn has their two powers interact to give them a new ability. This is true, and so I understand the excited buzz to try and figure out what Wayne's is. For the record, I don't think that Wax's steel bubble is it either. I remain rather strongly convinced that it is a thing that Kelsier or Zane could have done without being Twinborn. Looking at Kelsier's manipulation of metal during his final battle, I see no reason he couldn't use a Steel bubble if he had thought of it. They just aren't anywhere near as useful when guns haven't been invented yet. I see the steel bubble as a Savant-level mastery, not a Twinborn perk.

But I think we are stretching to think that bendalloy and gold could combine to give memory powers.

I just thought I should post the questions I asked since i just made my profile.

Q: "What world does Iyatil hail from originally?"

A: "Oh, that is an easy dodge because you have not read about her world yet"

Q: "Does Iyatil exclusivly use the shard pools to worldhop"

A: "That is the most common way that people worldhop"

and the third was a long shot but I wanted at least one RAFO :)

Q: "During the original shattering when the 16 picked up their shards, did the manner or the surroundings of the individual effect the way the magic system came about on their worlds later?"

A: "Oh, well you will read about that in a book that will come out later, so RAFO"

And like many people he wrote Hands all Red in my book although it sure looks like hoods with his handwriting toward the end of a signing...

Awesome. One of the things I'd have asked Brandon if time allowed was "Are Shardpools currently the main method of worldhopping?", so very happy to have that confirmed.  :)

Now if we could only get confirmed or denied that (some of) the Hoed/Elantrians using Devotion's Shardpool are hopping somewhere (or shifting into the Cognitive/Spiritual realm)...