[Possible Elantris Spoilers] Theory: Blue Pool in the Broadsheets

mail-mi

In the broadsheet in Shadows of Self, one person describes visiting a "mountain pool of the most pure blue," and encounters a "monster" of some sort up there that is a visitor from another world.

Now. What other blue pool do we know of that allows travel between worlds? The blue lake in Elantris, which many have theorized to be Devotion's shardpool. So it stands to reason that this particular blue pool might also be a shardpool--except, there's a problem with that. Both shardpools on Scadrial are accounted for: Well of Ascension and Pits of Hathsin (or well the liquidy part of them).

What if neither of them are shardpools? What if these blue lakes are the Perpendicularities--and perpendicularities aren't actually the same thing as shardpools?

Edited by mail-mi

In the broadsheet in Shadows of Self, one person describes visiting a "mountain pool of the most pure blue," and encounters a "monster" of some sort up there that is a visitor from another world.

Now. What other blue pool do we know of that allows travel between worlds? The blue lake in Elantris, which many have theorized to be Devotion's shardpool. So it stands to reason that this particular blue pool might also be a shardpool--except, there's a problem with that. Both shardpools on Scadrial are accounted for: Well of Ascension and Pits of Hathsin (or well the liquidy part of it). 

What if neither of them are shardpools? What if these blue lakes are the Perpendicularities--and perpendicularities aren't actually the same thing as shardpools? 

Could be, but do we know the pits are still the Ruin Shardpool? Since they're no longer producting Atium I'd have thought it had been moved.

Although I'm sure that Harmony would have taken Breeze's advice and made it red to make it less monotonous so maybe not :P

Could be, but do we know the pits are still the Ruin Shardpool? Since they're no longer producting Atium I'd have thought it had been moved.

Although I'm sure that Harmony would have taken Breeze's advice and made it red to make it less monotonous so maybe not :P

Now why would you just go and assume like that? :3

Now why would you just go and assume like that? :3

DALENTHAS (15 OCTOBER 2008)
Does the Well of Ascension still exist in the new world? Or is it no longer necessary? I assumed that Preservation collected there like Ruin collects in the Pits of Hathsin, so if Atium keeps forming then the well should keep filling...
BRANDON SANDERSON (16 OCTOBER 2008)
The Well (and the small wells in the Pits) is no more. For now at least.

Because of something like this? :P

Edited by Voidus

I'm doubtful...that it would be a shardpool. Harmony knows what those are capable of\could be used for, so I'm not sure he'd leave his out where any old jerk could trip into it. Besides, that broadsheet is pretty tabloid-y. Not sure its trustworthy for cosmere-relevant goodies. We might be getting trolled.

I'm doubtful...that it would be a shardpool. Harmony knows what those are capable of\could be used for, so I'm not sure he'd leave his out where any old jerk could trip into it. Besides, that broadsheet is pretty tabloid-y. Not sure its trustworthy for cosmere-relevant goodies. We might be getting trolled.

That's why I'm saying it's not a shard pool, but a Perpendicularity, and that those two things are not the same thing.

• Chaos locked this topic