Shadows of Self Tour: Chicago / Oak Brook, IL

Argent

I am finished with Personalization 2! Sorry it took so long. I kept getting ambushed to do things like eat and watch Doctor Who.

I'll be gone all tomorrow, so if someone else wants to listen through the Q&A, that's fine.

I don't think there were any questionable bits in the last part, which is nice.

Yay! I'm done! It's so nice to accomplish things.

It's... The connection is not an obvious one. It's really more of an interesting something to think about than a blatant hint about his visions. Trust me, it only raises more questions while not even answering one.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I have to look for it.... Based on the recent WoB, I have a feeling Renarin's visions are linked to Odium and not surgebinding. In fact, I am even starting to doubt he even is a Radiant. After all, all we have is him stating Glys told him, but what if Glys is not what we think he is?

I wouldn't know :)

Of course you wouldn't  ;) Can't wait for book 3, in the meantime, I will speculate endlessly  :ph34r:

Still you are so lucky to get to ask so many questions of your choosing. I only wish I could ask 2-3 questions, but hey. Never going to happen  :(

Comes with having the time to stay until after the entire event. A better man than me probably wouldn't harass Brandon like I do, but I am far too much of a knowledge addict not to justify taking 10-15 extra minutes of his time so that I can be giddy for days after.

Comes with having the time to stay until after the entire event. A better man than me probably wouldn't harass Brandon like I do, but I am far too much of a knowledge addict not to justify taking 10-15 extra minutes of his time so that I can be giddy for days after.

Comes also with the possibility to go to such event, You are lucky  :)

Okay, I've gone through basically the whole transcript as of this writing, cleaning up where I heard discrepancies and attributing questioners where possible. My trademark at this point looks like it's using a non-breaking next-line betwen the timestamp and the first question, since it doesn't look anyone else was doing that, so any questions that look like that should have had a once-over by me.

It's... The connection is not an obvious one. It's really more of an interesting something to think about than a blatant hint about his visions. Trust me, it only raises more questions while not even answering one.

Based on this, combined with the tidbit (tidboulder?) about Elend, Vin, and the Spiritual Realm touching, I'm wondering if the visions are more a facet of having the ability to see into the Spiritual Realm.  In other words, Truthwatchers have Spiritual clairvoyance, for lack of a better description?

It is in chronological order. I did make a section for stuff that I thought was interesting, but didn't actually tell us any information. I can put that all in one section at the bottom, instead of divided up. That would probably be better. I could also incorporate it into the main part, but I don't think that would be as good.

It is in chronological order. I did make a section for stuff that I thought was interesting, but didn't actually tell us any information. I can put that all in one section at the bottom, instead of divided up. That would probably be better. I could also incorporate it into the main part, but I don't think that would be as good.

That's what was talking about, all questions should be in chronological order (it makes it easier when someone goes and indexes the signing).

I also like the one about where do the Radiants rank in the overall system...

A: The nahn and dahn system is a more recent construct. They would be at the very height of it, I would say.

Q: Okay. So the system hasn't been reorganized yet with Kaladin and such?

A: You'll have to watch and see what happens in the next few books. Because the culture is not used to Knights Radiant being around.

It does give credence to my own thoughts where the world won't think as much of Kaladin as we the readers have assumed it would. I somehow do not think everyone will be excited Radiants have returned and many will simply want them back where they think they belong: past history. I also do not think everyone are going to start to pander to Kaladin simply because he is a Radiant... Sure, he defeated the Assassin in White, but many individuals believe they could have done the same... They won't think so much of it.

My two cents have always been there are going to be a great deal lot of people who won't take to them this readily. Dalinar's unity may end up being more threatened by his new status (and his son) than his other son's actions...

Okay, somebody did some serious cut-and-pasting on the transcript. The last edit on October 17th moved a bunch of stuff around and ended up moving things into a really weird order that I'm pretty sure is incorrect: the answer (and only the answer) to the question at 0:12 is moved down to to the middle of two pages down, for instance, a bunch of stuff ended up deleted, etc.

I've reverted the transcript back to the revision just before that.

I would very strongly advise Limelleth to lock down the doc from editing and only allow Suggestions from now on: it's close enough to finished that that shouldn't hinder anyone, and it will stop these kind of shenanigans.

P.S. Also got started on moving the Unimportant stuff into its proper place, which I imagine might have been what the other edit was trying to do?

Edited by Kurkistan