The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

Here is the link to the bracket: http://challonge.com/otyu7vz2

So I've been playing around with a tournament bracket generator a bit, and I thought it would be kind of fun to do one for some Sanderson characters, but involve the 17th Shard. I thought this was done very well in a Kingdom Hearts forum I'm also on, so I'm just going to do this one the same way he did that one. We will have a nomination period where everyone can nominate their favorite characters to enter the tournament. Everyone gets five nominations a day. You could vote for one person 5 times, or 5 people one time (I hope that makes sense). I will attempt to update the standings whenever I can. Depending on the number of characters nominated, I will divide the characters into a bracket of 16 or 32. I will divide them by seeding (the character with the most nominations will fight the character with the fewest nominations). You can nominate any character you want, Cosmere or non-cosmere.

Once the tournament officially starts, each match will probably last about a day. During this time, you simply say who you vote for and why. Perhaps this can start some discussion. You can vote however you like! You can vote on the character you think would win in a fight, or which character you like more. I will post a link that allows you to see the standings once all the nominations are finalized. If you guys like this, I will attempt to update this whenever I can, I'll do my best.

Current Standings:

Lopen x13

Kaladin x12

Dalinar x11

Nightblood x11

Vasher x7

Wayne x6

Kelsier x6

Vin x6

Alcatraz x5

David Charleston x5

Grandpa Smedry x5

Sylphrena x5

Obliteration x5

Spook x5

Joel x5

Wax x4

Hoid x3

Marsh x3

Marasi x2

The Lord Ruler x2

Adolin x2

Lightsong x2

Raoden x2

Szeth x2

Susebron x2

Miles 'Hundredlives' Dagouter x2

Shai x2

Dilaf x2

Prof x1

Megan/Firefight x1

Human the Koloss x1

TenSoon x1

Harmony x1

Odium x1

Hrathen x1

Sarene x1

Edited by patar365

That would be the most boring fight between them, would it just be a normal speed fight?

I think it's deciding who makes it into the tournament. Wayne would obviously win that fight; I don't want him matched with Marasi. :P

Edit: Unfortunately, I can't add Vasher until tomorrow. :(

Edited by Kipper

I think it's deciding who makes it into the tournament. Wayne would obviously win that fight; I don't want him matched with Marasi. :P

Edit: Unfortunately, I can't add Vasher until tomorrow. :(

Yes, right now we are simply voting on the people we want in the tournament. In a few days the tournament will officially start, and whoever has the most votes will be entered. 

Vasher x2

Prof x1

Megan/Firefight x1

Kaladin X1

How long is this nomination period.

I'm thinking another day. If we can get to 32 characters we could have a bigger tournament, or we could just take the top 16 and start a bit sooner. Right now we are at 20-ish.What would you all rather do? I'll update standings in a bit, I'm busy at the moment.