And... BOOM!

Alcatraz Vs. the Dark Talent has a publication date!

June 2016, finally! Can't wait to read this one :)

I'd say that was pretty minor compared to the other thing revealed in that article.  I.e. the fantastic cover art by Scott Brundage:

alcatraz5_cover.jpg?fit=740%2C%209999&cr

Edit: and the synopsis too:

Alcatraz Smedry has successfully defeated the army of Evil Librarians and saved the kingdom of Mokia. Too bad he managed to break the Smedry Talents in the process. Even worse, his father is trying to enact a scheme that could ruin the world, and his friend, Bastille, is in a coma. To revive her, Alcatraz must infiltrate the Highbrary–known as The Library of Congress to Hushlanders–the seat of Evil Librarian power. Without his Talent to draw upon, can Alcatraz figure out a way to save Bastille and defeat the Evil Librarians once and for all?

At last! That cliffhanger was THE WORST. Now I'll only have to wait a year to read it.

The cover is a little off to me, though, for a two reasons:

Where did alcatraz get the sword? He broke his last one. Well, last few. By which I mean every one he ever touched.

and, more importantly, Why is Kaz so tall? By reading the book, I thought he was short. Alcatraz has been deceiving us this whole time. :o

I'm... actually kinda ticked off at the fact that it's called "Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians: The Dark Talent" instead of "Alcatraz vs the Dark Talent". <_<

Me too, if I had to bet, when they re-release books 1-4, they will all be "vs. the Evil Librarians: <whatever that book's title is>", but The Dark Talent sounds cool still. 

Me too, if I had to bet, when they re-release books 1-4, they will all be "vs. the Evil Librarians: <whatever that book's title is>", but The Dark Talent sounds cool still.

Yes, but...

It wasn't enough to completely redesign the covers, thus prompting eye-twitching every time I look at my shelf, they HAD TO RENAME THE BOOKS TOO?!

[/angry outburst]

Edited by Slowswift

At last! That cliffhanger was THE WORST. Now I'll only have to wait a year to read it.

The cover is a little off to me, though, for a two reasons:

Where did alcatraz get the sword? He broke his last one. Well, last few. By which I mean every one he ever touched.

and, more importantly, Why is Kaz so tall? By reading the book, I thought he was short. Alcatraz has been deceiving us this whole time. :o

Well given what happened at the end of Book 4 any sword he picks up is probably safe from that fate (for a little while at least).  Also the tall guy in the top hat isn't Kaz, the guy holding the teddy bear is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...