The Most Important Question You Will Ever Read

SOM1else

So what would happen if a Lerasium metalmind was formed into a spike and rammed through the heart of a full Twinborn, melted down and made into an wire that would be bent into an Aon by an Elantrian later granted sentience by an Awakener, then infused with stormlight by Szeth, and burned by a Mistborn?

What would happen?!?!

No, burning Hemalurgical metals is such a painful process that you just go unconscious. No powers. So that's the result. An unconscious mistborn.

makes sense, bad metal and all >.>

No, burning Hemalurgical metals is such a painful process that you just go unconscious. No powers. So that's the result. An unconscious mistborn.

That's for burning metal your spiked with. What the OP is talking about is simply burning a Hemalurgically imbued metal.

@OP I Think you mean:

A Lerasium/Atium Alloy metalmind;

Spiked through TLR;

And awakened by the God King using Divine Breath.

but you don't have to be conscious to burn lerasium.

Anyways, so an atium/lerasium spike is rammed through the LR's chest. it is pulled into a wire that an Elantrian shapes into an Aon, that Aon is awakened to sentience by the God King, Szeth shows up and infuses the newly awakened Aon/Hema-Spike with Stormlight and then a normal dude from Scadrial shows up and swallows the Aon.

Well, for one thing is that burning a Hemalurgically charged has no special magical power like burning a generally charged Feruchemical metal. In order for you to burn a Hemalurgically charged metal and gain extra power, you'd have to spike yourself, so the metal was charged with your power. I shouldn't have to say that this is more than somewhat improbable :P

I know what happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike! Brandon said in the Tor Q&A that is splices their SDNA onto yours.

Nope. Sorry. I think that's what happens when you receive a Hemalurgical spike.

17th Shard: Can you burn the spikes? Like, Allomantically? For example, could they burn the steel in their head spikes?

Brandon: (sighs) I considered that and I eventually decided that they could, but it would be an excruciating process that would probably knock them unconscious simply by doing it.

Tor Q&A

What is happening with Hemalurgy, essentially, is that you're driving a spike through a specific point on a person's body and ripping off a piece of their soul. It sticks to the spike on the Spiritual Realm. Then, you place that spike on someone else in a specific place (not exactly the same place, but on the right spiritual pressure point) and 'hot wire' the spirit to give it Hemalurgy or Feruchemy. It's like you're fooling the spiritual DNA, creating a work-around. Or, in some cases, changing the spirit to look like something else, which has the immediate effect of distorting the body and transforming it into a new creature.

Here's what we have on Spiritual DNA

17th Shard: If a Mistborn burns lerasium, as in, not just ingests it, what effect would it grant Allomantically?

(snip)

Brandon: By burning it you gain access to those powers. It rewrites your spiritual DNA, and there are ways to do really cool things with lerasium that I don't see how anyone would know. Were most Mistborn to just burn it, it would rewrite their genetic code to increase their power as an Allomancer.

And it seems like I was wrong. Sigh.

Tor-

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person’s that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

It depends on the size of the spike i think, if its railroad tie sized you'd be dead before you could start taping your gold minds, a needle sized spike you could heal your self from. Unless part of charging a spike means that whoever is charging the spike dies.

it would depend on how much health you had stored in your goldminds though, spend a year sick in bead filling them up and you would have enough to do it, obviously a giant spike is almost guaranteed to be lethal but a smaller on might work.

• Chaos locked this topic