The Shattering

Shivertongue

Once, I had a dream. There was a box. It was floating in the middle of an empty universe, and all I could do was watch. I had the sense that I couldn't move because it wasn't necessary, not that I couldn't.

Suddenly, mist started warping in from the sides and shrouded the box slightly. And then, when the mist moved away, I woke up.

But when I started to go back to sleep, I just had the notion, in the self-assured way of knowledge procured from dreams, as if it were in existence in my mind's eye and was just waiting to be seen to be discovered, that the box had turned into a sphere when the mist moved away.

And from that sphere, I started hearing voices. They slipped me back to sleep. And this was once of the weirdest, out of body experiences I've had. Imagine Kaladin being pulled by the Highstorm over Roshar, but in the blink of an eye, and with the ability to see all, remember all, hear thoughts, and the recall everything the second I woke up.

My eyes opened, and I just received millions upon millions of different images, thoughts, snippets of wisdom, and facts all at once. I had a complete second where I felt like I knew everything, and then it was gone.

And surprisingly, all I could see after that for about a minute was a symbol, and it looked exactly like this:

Atium.png

Atium. Weird right?

• Chaos locked this topic