New Signature Restrictions

Chaos

The Only Joe, as far as I can tell, you're good. The major specification is that even with a one line post, your entire sig does not go beyond your left side bar information (i.e. past your reputation designation). Your post above proves that even with your one line of text, your sig falls within this allowable range.

In particular, your two images are 154 x 90 and 200 x 45 respectively. What really matters is the summation of the width: 154+200=354 pixels wide. The vertical is determined by the 90 pixels of the "Have You Heard" image, because this trumps the 45 pixels in the coppermind image. So, your total pixel count for your two combined images is roughly 354 x 90, well within the 500 x 100 limit. 

[Edit: :ph34r:  'd by Rubix]

Edited by Titan Arum

okay sweet nice

also y'all will have to tell me if mine gets too tall, as well, because I'm on my kindle usually and the proportions on the site are extremely whacked out.

If you get rid of the space between your deviant art link and the mistcloak link, you'll be golden.

Ah, I just found this topic. Does it mean I need to remove my signature altogether? That's unfortunate. If I remove the spoiler tag not only I will have a big picture in my signature, but also the users who see it will get a heart attack. Well, the same thing would happen even if I found smaller picture of similar content. Hmmmm... I'll change it to something. But I'm disappointed. :(

• 5 months later...

Are the signature restrictions still in place? Or are we allowed free reign again?

They are and there is no plans to alter them at this time. These will in place until you hear something else. I'm not sure what would indicate that this was temporary.

I've just seen several Signatures that seem to break the rules, so I was wondering if it had been discontinued.

Please send me a list of the offending ones and I will deal with them. I haven't really done much discussion so I have not noticed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 3:49 PM, Kolfire said:

how do you even use signatures I have been trying to figure that out

To make a signature, if you're on desktop, hit the arrow next to your username, then account settings. A new page will load. Select "signature" partway down, and a text editor will appear much like these ones that you use to post. Put your desired signature in the text editor, then hit save.