Magical Technology on Scadrial

Chaos

There was a topic name somewhere on the forums that contained his name that almost made me do a spit-take, but it wasn't about him.

(Well, who I strongly suspect to be the Recipient of the First Letter, at least.)

There was a topic name somewhere on the forums that contained his name that almost made me do a spit-take, but it wasn't about him.

(Well, who I strongly suspect to be the Recipient of the First Letter, at least.)

I suppose it has become censored since then? I would prefer to ask before I dive hours deep into the archives to hunt for this name.

• 1 month later...

Ferumechanics seems the best option here, from my point of view. Combining what I think are theories but may be canon (The Idea that a Keeper filling a identity Metalmind to the pint where they have zero identity would create an "open" Metalmind of whatever else they where filling) with fact that using the power stored can be reflexive (couldn't quote you on that, but I think I'm right) would indicate that a Metalmind storing weight could be affected by an electrical current in such a way as to increase an inert objects weight. I can't think of a use for this besides elevators working of pulley systems, but I'm sure they're are far more inventive ways to use that power. I doubt the South Scadrians would have electricity to begin with, but following the divine intervention=knock-off equivalents rule, and the time it took to get electricity post-harmony, they'd probably figure out electricity fairly quickly.

Mist condensation could play a role in the metals idea, and it would explain why no one in North Scadrial had noticed. (I haven't read all of the Sanderson books due to a matter of funds, so I don't really understand the comparison).

I suppose it has become censored since then? I would prefer to ask before I dive hours deep into the archives to hunt for this name.

I don't think it would be censored, since it's probably practically impossible to track down. And even if you found it, how would you distinguish it from something else?

• 1 year later...

From what I understand about fabrials, you need to trap a spren in a gemstone to make them work. The Parshendi took this concept and used it to make changing to a specific form easier, more predictable. Basically, fabrials do a simplified version of Surgebinding, with the spren assisting with the fabrials' function. I know of no way to do this with metals, but perhaps Hemalurgy could do it.

• Chaos locked this topic